Las Vegas, CA
Responsible for facility electrical and automation controls support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Optimize and maintain the facility and manufacturing equipment electrical and controls systems, manufacturing systems automation, man-machine interfaces, and industrial communications networks, using the following tools: RsNetworks, RsLogix 5, RsLogix 500, RsLogix 5000, RsLinks, Panel Builder 32 and Wonderware software, and future revisions of same or additional platforms.
• Support daily Operations needs for electrical and automation system troubleshooting and optimization, including but not limited to materials handling systems (package and liquid), packaging equipment, processing equipment, printing and coding equipment…
• Utilize advanced knowledge of power distribution systems to actively pursue and correct site problems, and increase energy efficiency
• Maintain electronic library of all software utilized in facility and manufacturing systems, updated in a timely and recurring basis
• Develop and make revision changes to electrical and controls schematics and one line diagrams using AutoCAD
• Develop and mentor site Controls Technicians
• Develop and troubleshoot advanced controls devices such as Servo, Servo amplifier and Servo controllers
• Design and implement customized Safety Solutions to meet current regulations and codes
• Foster strong relationships with Corporate Engineering team in order to evolve current systems architecture and maximize manufacturing efficiencies and output to meet current and future needs
• Responsible for design and maintenance of electrical systems to meet all applicable local, state and national codes and standards, including but not limited to NFPA 70, NFPA70E, OSHA 1910
• Variable work schedule as required
• Commitment to safety begins with management. Managers and frontline supervisors are accountable for creating and maintaining a culture of Safety and assuring a safe work environment
• Other duties as assigned
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead by example to ensure our highest quality manufacturing practices are being met
• Ensure team members follow all Ken’s Food Safety and GMP policies
• Ensure all work is completed in a safe and sanitary manner
• Ensure team members produce product free of contamination
• Ensure team members Report any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant Electrical Controls Engineer GA
• Ensure team members Inspect work area for any possible product contamination issues on a continuous basis
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Supervises team of PLC Technicians.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from accredited college or university in electrical engineering, electrical engineering technology or software engineering. Associates degree in same field with related experience. Prior experience with industrial power, electrical, and controls systems is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES Language Skills Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations This job does not require any specific certificates, licenses, or registrations.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL ALERTNESS REQUIREMENTS
• Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
• Ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment • Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform the duties of the position
• Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
• Ability to work in an unfatigued state
• Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
• Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short term memory Electrical Controls Engineer GA
• Ability to concentrate
• Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
• Demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
Specific job duties affected by the environmental conditions are listed below;
• CIP/ Sanitation – wet and humid conditions
• Packaging and Process equipment – working near mechanical parts / noise