Special Education Teacher Contract job in Lovington, NM
To Apply for this Job Click Here
The GIFTED Healthcare Experience
GIFTED Healthcare is an award-winning travel nursing agency that offers nursing contracts at premier healthcare facilities across the United States. GIFTED Healthcare believes in the power one person has to make a difference in a patient’s care, inspiring GIFTED’s mission to help nurses thrive and advance their careers by providing exceptional job opportunities, day one benefits, and 24/7 support.
Join GIFTED and enjoy memorable experiences at and away from the bedside while advancing your career on your terms!
Special Education teachers work with general education teachers, specialists, administrators, and parents to develop IEPs for students outlining their goals, including academic or behavioral milestones, and services they are to receive. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assess students and develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) to aid their learning
- Adapt lesson plans to meet each students’ specific needs and abilities
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one
- Collaborate with other classroom teachers, teacher assistants, school psychologists, learning disabilities specialists, speech/hearing specialists, and school social workers on students’ IEPs
- Educate parental supports with behavior control and home activities designed to supplement the students’ classroom lessons
- Master’s degree