AWS Developer/ DevSecOps
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Job Type: Contract
Job ID: AW475648816
Category: Information Technology
If you are a talented and experienced AWS Developer/DevSecOps, Aplin has the right opportunity for you! Our client is looking for someone who will be the prime contact for major projects related to new hardware and software implementations focused on integrating business units and multisite environments.
This is a 6-month contract, remote opportunity, and is available to candidates across Canada.
Perks & Benefits:
- Excellent Growth and Development opportunities
- Collaborative work environment
- Participates in squads as assigned by the Manager and shares accountability with squad members in the implementation, improvements, decommissions, upgrades, and maintenance of cloud-based applications and systems
- Ensures security practices are implemented in all development, systems configurations, and testing workflows and applications
- Maintains currency in best practices and processes related to DevSecOps
- Manages work necessary to address problems in a timely manner and mitigate risks until resolved
- Prepares documentation of team’s work for Director, DevSecOps to communicate to stakeholders and end-users about new or updated releases, standards, or processes to promote awareness and utilization
- Implements and manages development sprints and related tactics to improve the development, configurations, testing, and operations standards and quality of all systems
- Associate-level AWS Developer certification required
- Minimum of 5+ years’ of work experience as a Developer with strong AWS and DevSecOps experience.
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Communication, Project Management, or Information Technology. In lieu of a degree or diploma, additional experience over and above the minimum requirement may be considered
- AWS certifications in Solutions Architecture, Machine Learning Specialty, and Database Specialty preferred
- Proven ability to analyze systems applications thoroughly and logically, by utilizing both deductive and intuitive reasoning to recognize potential problem areas within a system, and to predict the ramifications of alternate solutions
- Applied experience with Automation services like – Lambda, API Gateway, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline
- Knowledge of DevSecOps tooling landscape and experience integrating various DevSecOps tools together to provide end-to-end application lifecycle management
- Strong scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Applied understanding of Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA and REST)
- Applied experience with various DevSecOps tools including Qualys, Fortify, or OWASP
- Able to develop relationships, communicate, engage, and influence at all levels
Job ID: AW475648816
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com #LI-DNP#IND-DNP