Tax Manager Marion IL
Job Ref: JOB-1387
The Lincoln Group has partnered with a leader in the client services industry in search of a Tax Manager, on a direct-hire basis, to join their exceptional team! The Tax Manager role will work under the supervision of a Partner and/or Director. A Manager will support the firm’s clients in the duties listed below and provide support and leadership to the staff they work with. Some duties listed below are subject to the department the Manager primarily manages.
Type of Hire: Direct Hire
Software: Regularly use QuickBooks Online and Desktop with proficiency
Location: Marion, IL
Work Schedule: Hybrid model with flexible schedule options
Compensation: Salary $95K – $140K+ DOE, plus semi-annual performance bonuses anywhere from $3K – $7K
- Work with the team on tax projects.
- Prepare and review all types of tax returns (i.e., 1040, 1120, 1065, etc.) efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and maintain client relationships through a comprehensive knowledge of tax planning including estate planning.
- Assist with client projects as assigned and function as the lead for client relationships.
- Prepare and review all accounting activities provided for a client.
- Responsible for (along with other Managers, Partners, and Seniors) billing and WIP analysis.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive information encountered while in the performance of duties.
- Train and develop other team members.
- Identify areas of potential improvements in processes and procedures.
- Participate in occasional same-day travel for work at client office and meetings using a personal vehicle.
- Increased operation hours required during tax season.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and extremely organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to set priorities and skillfully juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced office
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to lead team members and manage others’ assignments at times
- Demonstrate a service mentality
- Actively listen
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of Tax Basis Accounting – Cash & Accrual
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tax Accounting or related field required
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- Experience with a public accounting firm a plus
- 401k with Company Matching
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Aflac Supplemental Benefits
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- TransAmerica GAP Benefits
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Plans
- Bonus Structure
- Incentive Program
- Development Program
- Company Wellness Program
For IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION, please apply immediately with your resume and availability to interview. They are scheduling interviews immediately and are ready to make an offer immediately.
About Lincoln Group: We are a woman-owned executive search and professional solutions firm specializing in a tailor-made approach to service. We are experienced leaders in the industry with expertise in filling a wide variety of executive, professional, and skilled business positions on a permanent, contract, interim, or contract-to-hire basis. We serve companies looking for a holistic talent solution.