New Directions IT Staffing
Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer
Are you a Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer with a demonstrated background in Azure who is looking to make a significant career move? If so, we’d like to introduce you to highly respected institution who is implementing enterprise-wide cloud and hybrid cloud solutions that align with strategic and tactical business plans.
(Work Environment: This is a remote career opportunity, however, the individual must live in the Metro Boston area or New England Region for infrequent meetings when necessary)
In this role, the Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer will:
- Work with an innovative team who is implementing multi cloud strategy and providing best in class cloud solutions and services.
- Make design recommendations on cloud native, hybrid cloud and cloud integration solutions incorporating industry best practices
- Design and implement cloud and hybrid cloud solutions in alignment with strategic and tactical business plans
- Design and implement redundant and resilient cloud native and hybrid cloud solutions with a focus on large-scale enterprise-wide solutions for the enterprise.
- Automate provisioning and configuration changes for cloud solutions within a multi-cloud environment.
- Automate infrastructure management and maintenance with a focus on cloud-based solutions utilizing Infrastructure as Code best practices
- Contribute to cloud standards development, incorporating prior knowledge and industry best practices
- Manage cloud infrastructure, communication, security policies, and audit compliance.
- Manage cloud user and group access to cloud services and systems utilizing PIM.
- Optimize all aspects of cloud solutions including performance, resiliency, and availability
- Participate in operational support to ensure service reliability
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Designing, implementing Azure and/or cloud solutions, and providing operational support for cloud services.
- Azure and/or AWS in multi-region, multi-account environment
- Cloud templating solutions (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, Resource Manager Templates).
- Operating cloud services, including monitoring/alerting, cloud security and problem resolution
- Cloud network engineering concepts
- Automation framework and scripting languages, such as Python, Ansible, and PowerShell, for cloud build and deployment
- Understanding of SDLC best practices and experience with code management.
- Understanding of Agile, Scrum, or SAFe development methodologies
- Cloud network design, implementations, and support (AWS, Azure).
- Layer 2/ Layer 3 network design (WAN/cloud/data center) engineering,
- Managing DNS, IPAM, and VPN.
- PaaS databases, logic apps, application gateways, IaaS compute, network, storage, backup, and disaster recovery
- Network technologies including Palo Alto and Check Point Firewalls, Transit Gateway, Application Gateway, and Web Application Firewalls (WAF)
- Containerization platforms, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Agile development, continuous integration, and automated testing
This is a remote career opportunity; however, the individual must live in the Metro Boston area or New England Region. Please note: We are unable to sponsor visas for this role and are not considering individuals from third-parties.
Are you Ready to move your Career in a New Direction?
Please forward a copy of your resume for us to schedule a time to speak or contact us at (888) 654-1110 We look forward to meeting you.
We are an Information Technology & Digital Talent Solutions Firm that furnishes its’ clients with a range of recruiting and staffing services while providing career coaching and job search guidance to the candidates and consultants we work with.
New Directions, It’s Right in Our Name
Interested in hearing how we’ve made the hiring and job search process simple? Contact us at: https://www.newdirectionsstaffing.com/contact-us/.