Contract Services Manager – Batavia, NY
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for experienced Contract Services Managers in the Batavia, NY area.
This position is contingent upon award of bid, anticipated in Fall 2021.
The ICE Health Services Corps (IHSC) exists within the organizational structure of the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) under the supervision of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The United States Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps Officers, civil service staff and contractors comprise the healthcare professionals working together to provide quality healthcare services. IHSC serves as the medical experts for ICE for detainee health care.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The Contract Services Manager (CM) is the onsite point of contact (POC) for the personnel staffing contract with IHSC at the facility level. The CM establishes and maintains a strong and positive working relationship with the on-site Government Technical Monitors (GTM). The CM performs personnel and Human Resources related functions to include providing direct supervision to all contract personnel. The CM works closely with the GTM to ensure Contract staff orientation, training, and competency assessments are completed. On a daily basis, the CM plans, schedules, assigns, and directs contract staff in accordance with the contract and mission requirements.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- **Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an entity recognized by the U.S. Department of Education**
- Bachelor’s Degree, from an accredited school reviewed by the Department of Education, in Nursing, Health Care Administration, Public Health or a related field.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience in a complex health care setting as an administrator with strong business and management skills.
- This position does not require privileging by IHSC.
- Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers certification through the American Heart Association.
ATTRIBUTES AND PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and organizational skills
- Cultural competency.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required).
- Experience in a detention/correctional or residential healthcare setting (preferred, not required).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of a broad range of concepts related to effective supervision, staff administration and Human Recourses.
- Ability to effectively schedule, manage and team-build with a multidisciplinary workforce.
- Knowledge of staff development and basic adult learner teaching skills.
- Knowledge of the licensing and certification requirements for the professional disciplines operating in the clinic, in the state in which the duty station is located.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility in work requirements.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and written) in order to develop positive rapport with co-workers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including electronic health records, web-based training and communications.
- Knowledge of and functional proficiency in common Microsoft Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act) regarding the confidentiality of patient medical records and information as well as Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As Key Personnel, provides a broad range of front-line supervision and management to all Vendor staff under their purview.
- Plans, schedules, assigns, and directs contract staff.
- Coordinates and conducts site visits for staff candidates.
- Performs personnel and Human Resources related functions.
- Completes staff evaluations 90 days after hire and annually thereafter.
- Establishes and maintains a strong and positive working relationship with the on-site Government Technical Monitors (GTM).
- Works closely with the GTM to ensure Contract staff orientation, training, and competency assessments are completed with no interruptions to the daily operations.
- Produces reports regarding contractor productivity and monitors contractor compliance with IHSC policy for all contract staff at the site.
- Reviews identified patient records to assess adequacy of record keeping, and implementation of appropriate clinical guidelines and policy compliance.
- Meets regularly with government technical monitors to ensure coordination and collaboration of staffing.
- Ensures discipline Specific clinical and administrative in-services are provided for contract staff in accordance with agency policies and accreditation standards.
- Leads or delegates the orientation and training within licensing scope and in accordance with agency policy, of new contract personnel to protocols, requirements, and the specifics of the patient population.
- Serves as a team member for analyzing established protocol practices and identifying areas for improvement.
- Participates with developing recommendations for improved efficiency of patient care.
- Assists with program/project design activities, strategy development, problem resolution, and project implementation.
- Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program policies and position.
- Maintains functional proficiency and ease of use utilizing agency’s electronic health records.
- Completes all initial, annual and ad hoc training as required/assigned.
- Maintains patient confidentiality, and confidentiality of medical records, in compliance with the Privacy Act and HIPAA regulations in all work activities.
- Adheres to and maintains awareness of: IHSC Policies, Procedures, Directives, Operational Memoranda and accreditation standards as prescribed by ICE/IHSC.
- Adheres to and participates in: IHSC’s Safety, Prevention, Infection and Control, Quality Improvement, Patient Education and other programs and collateral duties as appropriate to position.
- Attends and participates in general, medical, and clinical staff meetings.
DUTY HOURS/ ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS
IHSC operates 24/7/365; this position is required to respond during an emergency activation. This full-time position, or designee vendor equivalent, is required to be available telephonically to respond to the local GTM during non-duty hours.
This full-time position may require availability during evenings, nights, weekends and holidays sufficient to meet the needs of contact staff.
The Department of Homeland Security’s Personnel Security Unit (PSU) must render an Initial Preliminary Favorable Fitness Determination to be considered a qualified candidate. A Complete Favorable Fitness Determination must be rendered by PSU upon completion of initial, and between, subsequent background investigations to meet the requirements of this position.
The work requires some physical exertion, such as long periods of standing; walking or jogging unaided over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy patients or equipment. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities, such as agility and dexterity, visual, and hearing capabilities. Must be able to respond to any medical emergency in the facility, via foot, within four minutes and perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor
Per the Presidential Executive Order 14042, all associates supporting the federal government are required to be fully vaccinated. All applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination upon hire.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.