Dentist – Florence, AZ
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for experienced Dentists in the Florence, AZ area.
This position is contingent upon award of bid, anticipated in Fall 2021.
The ICE Health Services Corps (IHSC) exists within the organizational structure of the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) under the supervision of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The United States Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps Officers, civil service staff and contractors comprise the healthcare professionals working together to provide quality healthcare services. IHSC serves as the medical experts for ICE for detainee health care.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The dentist provides oral health care for detainees in ICE custody and assists with local dental program management and auxiliary staff monitoring as directed within prescribed policy and accreditation standards. The dentist is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day functioning of the dental clinic including infection control and environmental health and safety.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate from a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) program located in a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation in the year of the applicant’s graduation.
- One year of recent work experience in the United States as a licensed practicing dentist.
- Experience in Oral Surgery is mandatory.
REQUIRED LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
- Hold and maintain a full, current and unrestricted license to practice dentistry independently in the state in which the duty station is located. The license must be maintained in a permanent, full, and unrestricted status during the term of employment.
- Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers certification through the American Heart Association.
ATTRIBUTES AND PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
- Demonstrates strong problem solving, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates integrity and honesty.
- Demonstrates cultural competency.
- Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required)
- Experience in a detention/correctional or residential healthcare setting (preferred, not required).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Broad functions of dentistry: diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and emergency care.
- Knowledge of dental science e.g. oral anatomy, oral physiology and histology, restorative dentistry, periodontics, endodontics, prosthodontics, and oral surgery (note: strong oral surgery skills and experience are required).
- Must adhere to requirements for safety, infection control, quality assurance, clinical documentation, and data management.
- Ability to properly use equipment, materials and supplies in diagnostic and treatment procedures.
- Ability to respond to and/or coordinate response to medical emergencies.
- Completes and passes all competency testing initially, annually, and as needed.
- Completes all initial, annual and ad hoc training as required/assigned.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility in work requirements.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and written).
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including electronic health records, web-based training and communications.
- Knowledge of, and moderate proficiency in, common Microsoft Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of regulations on the confidentiality of medical records and information (HIPAA/Privacy Act) and applicable accreditation standards.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides primary oral health care including examination, diagnosis and treatment of patients within prescribed IHSC policy and accreditation standards.
- Assures strict sharps and instruments control/accountability through maintenance of prescribed twice daily logging and counts.
- Observes IHSC radiation safety protocols, EPA Radiation Protection Guidance and recommendations, National Council on Radiation Protection guidance, and American Dental Association recommendations/guidance when exposing dental radiographs to assure optimal patient and provider safety.
- Assures optimum sterilization and/or disinfection procedures including instrument processing and spore testing in accordance with IHSC policy and CDC guidelines.
- Refers patients to dental specialists through the IHSC managed care program for consultation and/or treatment when appropriate.
- Prescribes and/or dispenses required medication to patients.
- Assists with day to day technical oversight of the dental auxiliary staff and provides input to the Local Dental Unit Chief, HSA, and/or designated supervisory authority.
- Serves as a resource to local facility staff on dental health issues.
- Provides annual dental training to local medical staff.
- Collects and organizes accurate dental data and submits to the Regional Dental Consultant in a timely manner.
- Attends monthly dental teleconferences, organizational and local duty station meetings.
- May periodically be asked to travel to provide dental care at other sites.
- Performs duties in support of the local medical unit and/or IHSC Dental Program (e.g. equipment maintenance, supply/equipment acquisition, performance improvement initiatives, training program development, etc).
- Adheres to and maintains awareness of all IHSC policies, procedures, directives, operational memoranda and accreditation standards.
The Department of Homeland Security’s Personnel Security Unit (PSU) must render an Initial Preliminary Favorable Fitness Determination to be considered a qualified candidate. A Complete Favorable Fitness Determination must be rendered by PSU upon completion of initial, and between, subsequent background investigations to meet the requirements of this position.
The work requires some physical exertion, such as long periods of standing; walking or jogging unaided over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy patients or equipment. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities, such as agility and dexterity, visual, and hearing capabilities. Must be able to respond to any medical emergency in the facility, via foot, within four minutes and perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.