Job ID: 5895
Performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment for NPI.
Electronics manufacturing company in Carrollton is looking for a Material Handler for the stockroom.
6am to 230pm. 16.00 hr.
230pm to 10pm 16.80 hr.
please email [email protected] with resume.
Nature of Duties:
- Sorts materials for specific job requirements.
- Sorts materials from completed jobs and returns to stock locations.
- Supplies material for all jobs as assigned.
- Accurately reads and interprets specifications.
- Examines materials for defects and damage occurring in transit.
- Obtains cycle counts.
- Collaborate with buyers and purchasers.
- Informs management regarding non-conforming materials, products and shortages.
- Records data on manual or computerized systems.
- Inspects purchased parts, assemblies, accessories, and other materials for dimensional accuracy, fit, alignment and functional operation.
- Inspects and measures items for conformance according to drawings, product data sheets, industry standards, and other specifications using precision measuring instruments and devices.
- Approves or rejects items, and accurately records inspection and disposition information.
- May inspect outgoing and production line parts and materials.
- Periodically checks for unsafe conditions and corrects as needed.
- Practices proper lifting techniques and safe working habits.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 0-1 year related experience
- Must be able to climb ladder stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to follow specific directions and work independently
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proficient computer and data entry skills
- Has willingness to learn, takes initiative, and offers improvement ideas
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent punctuality, good attendance, and reliability required
- Adherence to health and safety regulations
- Able to work overtime and weekends as needed
Work is performed in a warehouse environment with moving PITs. Required to stand, walk, sit and use stair ladders; talk and hear in person; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms. Regularly required to stoop, kneel, bend, and crouch. May need to exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push and pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.