Mountain Home AFB, ID
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for a Registered Dietician to work at Mountain Home AFB in Idaho as a civilian contractor promoting and restoring patients’ health.
- Competitive Pay
- PTO and Holidays
- Health Benefits
- ANY State License Accepted
- Certifications Basic Life Support
- Experience: Three (3) years of experience in wellness, sports nutrition or nutrition education.
- Board Certification: Board eligible Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics by the ACEND.
- Licensure/Registration: Must maintain currency through continuing education in dietetics and nutrition in compliance with the CDR of the ACEND requirements.
- Degree: Bachelor’s degree.
- Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) or completion of a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) accredited by the ACEND or completion of a post- Baccalaureate degree Dietetic Internship Program of supervised practice (for a minimum of 1200 hours) accredited by ACEND.
- Strengthens human performance and total force readiness by providing nutrition awareness, education and intervention programs while promoting nutrition environment that facilitates healthy eating behaviors targeted at Air Force Medical Service (AFMS) beneficiaries.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating all Health Promotion (HP) nutrition-related prevention programs and services IAW Air Force instructions, guidelines, and population needs.
- Administers nutrition assessment, prescriptions, counseling, comprehensive nutrition prevention programs, and various other health and nutrition programs/activities that meet needs of the installation community.
- Coordinates with HP staff to deliver programs in a variety of community settings to include individual unit worksites, community facilities, and the MTF.
- Must be successfully granted provider privileges by the Credentials Office and maintain privileges.
- Must be able to use basic computer applications for word processing, record keeping, presentations, and nutrition assessment (e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and Outlook.).
- Should be a role model in weight, fitness, and other healthy lifestyle behaviors.
- Executes nutrition policy and program requirements IAW instruction and guidance established by AF/SG.
- Uses a wide range of principles, practices and procedures of the science of dietetics and behavior change theories required to plan, implement and evaluate HP nutrition programs.
- In partnership with HP staff, assesses nutrition behaviors, environment and needs of the beneficiary population using available and applicable tools; determine/prioritize appropriate installation nutrition priorities IAW AF HP healthy weight and nutrition goals.
- Employs evidenced-based nutrition methods and behavior change theories in conjunction with the HP staff to develop, coordinate, implement, market and evaluate comprehensive primary, secondary and tertiary nutrition programs and services, as well as other related health and wellness programs, aimed at nutrition improvement, total force readiness and disease prevention/intervention for the beneficiary population.
- Regularly researches, develops/acquires, and maintains materials to implement comprehensive evidence-based nutrition programs and services to meet population health priorities and beneficiary needs.
- IAW Community Dietitian Credentials provides Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) for clients from the MTF and as mission allows develops nutrition components of chronic disease management protocols.
- Employs adult learning behavior change theories and teaching techniques to conduct a variety of individual and group nutrition interventions.
- Maintains data quality management (e.g. coding, MEPRS) and reporting requirements in program execution IAW AF instruction and guidance, the Joint Commission and Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
- When appropriate documents nutrition education and/or medical nutrition therapy IAW ADA Nutrition Care Process, ADA Nutrition Care Manual, and AF Dietetics Nutrition Care guidelines and other applicable standards.
- Provides expertise to implement and evaluate nutrition programs for all populations.
- Communicates and coordinates nutrition programs among local leadership and targets beneficiary populations.
- Employs appropriate social marketing tools to meet program goals and objectives.
- Participates in teleconferences, updates, working groups, review panels, symposiums related to nutrition education/MNT programming, management or operations.
- Delivers briefings, educational sessions, seminars, and worksite wellness programs as needed.
- Maintains positive relationships with both internal and external AFMS customers.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
Per the Presidential Executive Order 14042, all associates supporting the federal government are required to be fully vaccinated. All applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination upon hire.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.