Ultrasound Tech (PRN)
Loyal Source Government Services is hiring an experienced Ultrasound Tech to work PRN with the U.S. Navy at Norfolk Naval Station in Norfolk, VA as a civilian.
- Competitive Pay
- PTO and Holidays
- Health Benefits
- ANY State License
- Degree: Certificate.
- Education: Graduate from an academic program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- Certification: Certified by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) in the specialty identified in the TO.
- Experience: One year of experience as a sonographer in the specialty area identified in the TO.
- NOTE – Pelvic exam experience is required for this position.
- Per the Presidential Executive Order 14042, all associates supporting the federal government are required to be fully vaccinated. All applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination upon hire.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Correlate the patient’s clinical history with the requested examination to be performed and obtain the results from previous pertinent diagnostic tests to correlate with the ultrasound study.
- Consult with staff physicians from a variety of specialties such as obstetrics, gynecology, cardiology and surgery regarding the patient’s pertinent past medical history, preliminary diagnosis, and condition so it correlates with the ultrasound examination.
- Recognize normal anatomic variants. Also, recognize anatomic changes created by medical and surgical procedures.
- Document arrival, departure, and completed tests as required by MTF policy. Send appropriate image series to the radiologist for reading according to MTF protocol.
- Perform system warm ups, calibrations and quality control tasks according to manufacturer and MTF policy. Recognize artifacts and equipment errors and notify designated Government personnel of outlying values.
- Explain process to patient, and instructs and assists patient in assuming physical position for examination.
- Assist in the compiling and archiving of records for procedures performed
- Observe and report to the radiologist any symptoms which have direct bearing on the patient’s condition as a result of adverse reaction to contrast media and inform the radiologist of any condition requiring his/her attention. Recognize the need for and initiate emergency measures for critical situations such as respiratory or cardiac arrest.
- Identify abnormalities during testing and determine need for additional scans of affected area.
- Perform a full range of diagnostic ultrasonic examinations as appropriate to the discipline specified in the TO.
Application process can be 3-6 months with the Navy.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. For more information about Loyal Source, visit https://loyalsource.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook &Twitter for open positions.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.