Bilingual Nurse Practitioner
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for experienced Bilingual Nurse Practitioner for an opportunity in Texas.
Lodging and meals will be provided throughout the duration of the contract.
- Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant school
- Unrestricted license in the state of Texas
- Fluent in English and Spanish (speak, read, and write)
- Minimum of three years clinical experience as a PA/NP working in pediatrics or adolescent medicine
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of basic word processing programs and the
- Current national certification in specialty area such as NCCPA, AANP or ANCC
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- 3 years of experience in emergency medicine (preferred)
TYPE OF WORK:
- The PA/NP supports the Shelter medical functions and will treat children within these settings.
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physicals of children
- Performs standard medical care for all children such as: Intake assessment of health status, Initial Medical Examination (IME), disease diagnosis, plan of care development, treatment modalities, monitoring, request necessary tests and evaluation of children’s health status.
- Conducts rounds and refers children as needed to a specialist or hospital ER
- Screens for tuberculosis, pregnancy and other contagious disease
- Recommends appropriate isolation as needed to protect health of child and others
- Oversees or administers vaccinations
- Interpretation and analyze laboratory results sign results enter into database
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities for children as needed
- Facilitates the children’s transition within and between health care settings (e.g. Observation, Isolation, Intake, and/or Daily Living)
- Coordinates with Pharmacist as needed
- Assists with coordination of local hospitals to determine local capabilities, coordinate transfer to higher level of acuity care, stabilization, monitoring and arrange final disposition of children.
- Documents accurately in medical records, medication administration record, SharePoint, and other databases according to training guidelines
- Receives / renders shift report to outgoing / incoming shift
- Serves as a resource to the medical personnel
- Educates children on disease process, medication regimen, and healthy lifestyle choices
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employer and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.