Weekend Drug Testing Observation Coordinator – Bangor, ME
Loyal Source Government Services is seeking a Weekend Drug Testing Observation Coordinator for a part time opportunity to work with the Air National Guard based in Bangor, ME.
For more information please contact Candice Pearce at [email protected].
The primary purpose of this position is to provide urinalysis specimen observation for the Drug Demand Reduction Program (DDRP). Under the guidance of the Wing Drug Demand Reduction Program Manager (WDDRPM) and the Drug Testing Program Administrative Manager (DTPAM), you will, within your assigned Air National Guard Service Component, directly observe selected individuals providing urine samples for drug testing. This is a PART TIME position – approximately 6-8 hours per month.
- Directly observe selected members provide a urine specimen for drug testing.
- Understand the legal requirements of the position to include the possibility of testifying in a court of law.
- Follow the directions of the WDDRPM and DTPAM.
- Document your direct observation during each individual specimen collection on appropriate forms.
- Provides feedback of the Wing Drug Demand Reduction Programs to the DTPAM.
- Employee must confirm with the WDDRPM/DTPAM that Observer briefing training was completed prior to any collections.
- Notify the WDDRPM/DTPAM of any conflicts with scheduled workdays immediately.
- Ensure specimens are collected and bottles sealed in accordance with the Observer brief.
- SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience which includes knowledge of the theory and principles of management and organization, including administrative practices and procedures common to organizations, pertaining to drug testing and prevention education, channels of communication, routing of correspondence, filing systems, chain of custody, and storage of files and records. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
- EDUCATION: High School Diploma or trade school certification which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position.
- COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: Prior Military Experience preferred, or a combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Drug Demand Reduction Program (DDRP) goals, principles, methods, and techniques for implementation and continued support of the DDRP to include knowledge of the possible effects of illicit drug usage and alcohol misuse on mission accomplishment and community life.
- Possess attention to details skills in reviewing documents and processing DDRP actions.
- Must be able to directly observe urine collection without supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
- Individuals are ineligible to serve as Observers if they have a record of conviction by courts-martial or civilian criminal court for any offense or history of past misconduct involving dishonesty, fraud, or drug abuse (including use, possession, or distribution).
- Position may be subject to random drug testing.
- Must be available to work as a civilian contractor on a military installation during all required drill events, typically one weekend a month
- Employee is required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays, this position is primarily on the weekends once a month.
- Employee must have on-call availability for emergencies.
- This position may be identified as having some contact with children, requiring a State Criminal History Repository (SCHR) check to be completed on any person selected for this position.
- Any changes that could affect Observer eligibility must be reported immediately.
- Per the Presidential Executive Order 14042, all associates supporting the federal government are required to be fully vaccinated. All applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination upon hire.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.