Staff Conversational Designer
Staff Conversational Designer (IVR)
12-month contract w/ potential for extensions or conversion perm based on performance (full medical, dental & vision benefits offered)
100% Remote (candidates can sit anywhere in the US EXCEPT California at this time)
Our Fortune 500 client in the retail space is seeking a Conversational UX Designer who is passionate about solving customer problems and creating experiences that are elegant and effective. You will define, design, and refine a frictionless end-to-end service and support experience for conversational AI products. The day-to-day role will entail designing, building, testing, and analyzing customer conversational flows. You will work closely with Product, User Experience, Engineering, and Stakeholders to establish a center-of-excellence around conversational UX. You will be helping improve process, develop new techniques, and create best practices to enable delivery of conversational user experiences.
- Work closely with the Product Management and Product Development Team (Product, UX, Engineering) to define, deliver, and refine conversational AI experiences that are effective, engaging, and consistent across all modalities.
- Prototype conversational flows: Create sample dialogs, Conversational flow diagrams, and mockups to effectively communicate voice and text interactions and design ideas.
- Conceptualize and iterate on end-to-end designs for conversational user interfaces and content.
- Implement intents and the associated phrases, entities, contexts, and business rules that define distinct conversational experiences.
- Perform analysis of conversation paths and flows to identify opportunities and inform future designs and refine the production dialog flows.
- Design, develop and evolve user conversational flows for resolving specific customer inbound issues or proactively engaging with the end customer for specific use cases
- Create a deep understanding of customers. Analyze current customer experiences to define friction points and create seamless and effortless experiences.
- Educate internal colleagues and stakeholders to understand the key concepts of conversation design.
- Conduct UX research and define the problem space/requirements by helping clients make appropriate trade-offs between optimal user experience, compliance and legal requirements, and technological limitation, create robust test plans that cover all the possible scenarios
- Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform UX efforts
- Drive root cause analyses to respond to UX performance issues.
- Triage and fix issues discovered through testing
- Plan and coordinate implementations of best practices
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years' experience in conversational design
- Experience conducting user testing and research
- Experience establishing and analyzing UX metrics
- Strong communication skills with other product managers and engineers for day-to-day tasks
- Strong organization skills, and a bias toward detail-oriented communication for a smooth designer-developer handoff
- Experience owning and executing on initiatives with minimal direction (independent, proactive, and “can-do” attitude)
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Strong project planning, tracking & organizing skills
- Expert proficiency in commonly used visual design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVisionApp, Figma, etc
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment, handling a variety of assignments and technologies
- Experience with responsive web and mobile app design
- Deep understanding of iOS, Android, Material, and web design guidelines
- Understanding of best practices for WCAG compliance for Accessibility
The hourly pay range for this position is $65.00 to $70.00/hr (dependent on factors including but not limited to client requirements, experience, statutory considerations, and location). Benefits available to full-time employees: medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k and commuter benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (CO), NYC Pay TransparencyLaw, and sb5761 (WA).”
Synergis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to Madison at email@example.com. If you require assistance or an accommodation in the application or employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.