Gravity IT Resourcing
Client Technologies Technician
Job Title: Client Technologies Technician
Job Location: Orlando, FL (On-Site)
Job Type: Contract
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Client Technologies Technician will serve as the principal line of communication for the project team. The duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Configure and install software for IT user desktops and laptops;
- Installation and support of mobile devices, including laptops, Chromebooks, etc.
- Installation and support of Department and Vendor network equipment to include switches, wireless APs, etc.
- Network Cabling installations and terminations
- Personal Computer (PC) imaging, configuration, and installations (for both Department staff and inmate PCs)
- Participate in the installation and rollout of new software packages, upgrades, and new desktop hardware
- Maintain desktop software and hardware
- Hardware and software troubleshooting (for both Department staff and inmate PCs) Support mobile workforce
- Provide Tier 2 support to IT users for basic software and hardware of end-user computing and desktop-based Local Area Network (LAN) systems
- Troubleshoot problems using scripts and checklists as guides
- Escalate to Tier 3 support when necessary
- Document problems and resolutions
- Perform end-user training, if applicable
- Provide quality customer service
- Participate in the testing and evaluation of new desktop packages
- Implement prototypes
- Provide support for printers and peripherals
- Support of inmate education labs to include server and PC imaging, server and PC-based software installations and troubleshooting, group policy implementation, physical security audits and inventories
- This position provides regional support in tandem with the Bureau of Field Technology Services.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in the provision of Tier 2 Customer Support for desktop computers, printers, scanners, etc.
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, and supporting desktop applications and operating systems including, but not limited to, Windows Operating System (OS), Office, Outlook, and Internet Explorer
- Experience installing and troubleshooting computer hardware and software to include, but not be limited to, personal computers, printers, and peripherals in both a network and standalone environment
- Valid Driver License.