Gravity IT Resourcing
Accounts Payable Specialist
San Francisco, California
Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Utah (Remote)
Salary Range: $25-$30 an hour
Referral Fee: $250
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
The Accounts Payable Specialist position helps support the operations of accurate, timely payment of all expenditures, vendor accounts are reconciled and in good credit standing, and month end duties are completed accurately and within deadline. The ability to partner with all levels of an organization to ensure accurate reporting of all expenditures in our general ledger will be a key attribute for the person coming into this position. This role is a vital member of our team-based approach
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enter and post invoices, and make adjustments and corrections to posted invoices in the Workday ERP system
- Allocate invoices across departments and budgets
- Research and resolve vendor invoice and payment issues
- Research and identify purchase order issues as they relate to receiving, invoicing and payment,
- Work with internal and external PO stakeholders to ensure system functionality as it relates to AP
- Verify coding, approvals and supporting documentation before input into the ERP
- Support and administer ACH, Wire & amp; Check payment processes
- Create and maintain vendor profiles
- Assist Accounts Payable Lead, Manager and Director of Accounting with specific tasks as assigned
Required Experience & Skills:
- College degree in accounting and/or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years of proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
- 1 year experience in a high-volume accounts payable role required.
- 1 year of proficiency with Workday ERP system required
- 1 year of increasing responsibility in problem-solving, reporting, and fundamental account reconciliation.
Nice to Have Experience:
- Experience processing AP for multiple business
- Strong, effective, and collaborative communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal)
- Ability to be a strong self-starter, have proven flexibility in prioritization, and have resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines and in a quickly evolving environment in a growing, dynamic company