Substitute Teachers / Aides, Pequannock Twp.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
We are hiring substitute teachers and paraprofessionals / aides in Pequannock School!
Remember that teacher who made a difference in your life? Now it’s your turn! Substitute teaching is a great opportunity to be a mentor and help students become the best versions of themselves. Substitute teachers are essential to ensuring students continue to learn and grow every day.
Why substitute teach?
- Positively impact the education of students in your own community.
- Feel good about the work you do.
- Earn steady income through a variety of short- and long-term substitute positions available.
- Enjoy work-life balance.
- Assume duties of the classroom teacher in accordance with school district lesson plans, school rules, and Kelly policies. This includes:
- Leading instruction in the classroom by conducting the teacher’s existing lesson plans
- Instructing students on a variety of classroom topics/courses
- Building positive relationships
- Assigning reasonable tasks and homework
- Motivate students to learn, and encourage classroom participation
- Create a classroom environment that’s conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students
- Adapt to the various learning styles of students
- For long-term assignments, it may be required to develop lessons plans, as well as create, administer, and grade tests and assignments
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma/Equivalent for a Paraprofessional
- Must have a minimum of 60 college credits for Substitute Teacher, Building Based Substitute, OR 30 college credits and be enrolled in a college program
- Long Term Substitute Teacher requires a CE, CEAS or NJ Standard Certificate
- Must pass all NJ Department of Education Screening Requirements
- Paraeducator – MPP* – attach resume
- Substitute school nurse – all levels (RN & CPR certification and substitute nurse cert required)
- Substitute custodian
Perks you’ll enjoy as a substitute teacher or paraprofessional:
- Free online classroom management training to help you become a capable, confident classroom leader
- Free ongoing professional development to keep your skills sharp
- Paid orientation on district policies and procedures so you understand the culture and requirements of the school district
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Ability to create a work schedule that works for you
- Ability to select your preferred school locations
*Kelly-sponsored ACA healthcare coverage available to eligible employees. Optional insurance plans*
- Apply now!
- If you meet the minimum requirements, you will receive a response to your application within 48-72 hours. This is an opportunity for you to also get questions answered and learn more about the position.
- Share this job. Know someone who would make a great substitute teacher? We’re always looking for more role models!