Scientific Program Analyst (COVID Response) – NIH
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Scientific Program Analyst with the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers: – Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package – Opportunity to work at NIH, the world’s foremost medical research center – Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS. The contractor shall:
· Coordinate the functions and project management of vaccines and related products being developed in the NIAID Centers of Excellence for Influenza Research and Response
· Collect, analyze, and synthesize scientific information related to influenza surveillance, universal influenza vaccines, and SARS-CoV-2 viral evolution progress across the programs.
· Provide project management and technical expertise for selected projects and task orders
· Track scientific publications of high interest from CEIRRs-generated data that need to be reported and mapped to the NIAID universal influenza vaccine strategic plan and develop written summaries and reports as requested.
· Meet with the CEIRRs Team Lead, Project Officers and the Viral Respiratory Diseases Section Chief on a regular basis to provide oral and/or written reports on the status of ongoing projects and to receive new assignments.
· Effectively provide project management and technical expertise to the CEIRRs influenza & SARS-CoV-2 programs.
· Read, review, summarize, and/or write documents.
· Provide general organizational support including but not limited to writing meeting summaries, organizing calls and meetings, help with document filing on shared drives.
· Provide organizational support to the program including updating the clinical database, collecting essential documents and tracking the status of the documents, organizing meetings, and writing meeting summaries.
· Help coordinate schedules for the meetings between the extramural investigators and NIAID.
· Help coordinate the lectures and presentations from outside NIAID speakers, scheduling the lectures, and reserving rooms as needed.
· Work effectively with cross-functional teams to manage CIVICs product development and clinical activities.
· Track budgets, funding, and spending of CEIRRs projects.
· Assist in uploading and updating information in CEIRRs shared folders/sites and websites.
· Coordinate the review of CEIRRs optional project applications with duties including organizing review meetings with NIAID staff, assisting in collecting any information necessary to make the awards, and tracking applications and awards.
· Organize working group meetings, general scientific meetings, and workshops as needed for the NIAID Viral Respiratory Diseases Section.
· Coordinate the lectures and presentations from outside NIAID speakers, scheduling the lectures, and reserving rooms as needed for the NIAID V Viral Respiratory Diseases Section.
· Assist the Viral Respiratory Diseases Section Chief with administrative activities as needed.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, in Biological Sciences, Virology or a related discipline.
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience in managing projects related to biology, virology, vaccine development and/or clinical trials.
· Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Project and/or other project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
· Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
· Demonstrated experience with Zoom, Microsoft Teams, GoToMeeting, WebEx and/or other meeting planning programs.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren’t contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly’s Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what’s next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.