Bioinformatics Scientist-Bethesda, NIH
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
– Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
– Opportunity to work at NIH, the world’s foremost medical research center
– Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
Under this task order, the contractor will provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. The primary objective is to provide services and deliverables through bioinformatics support services as part of an existing bioinformatics team.
- Provides programming and troubleshooting support to the Federal Government in the dissemination of research data. Generate and optimize programs and scripts for the analysis of data; create programs and algorithms and develop computational infrastructure resources for organizing and parsing data from large and complex data.
- Provide broad-based programming and analytic support for a wide variety of bioinformatic and research projects.
- Install, troubleshoot and run open-source and commercial scientific software on platforms
- Performs computations on research data analysis. Perform computational analysis of, and interpret results.
- Provide reports based on analysis of scientific data.
- Perform sequencing and alignment of raw data, and interpret new data using larger public access datasets.
- Provide interpretive analyses of data derived from different experimental platforms to generate biological meaning.
- Write custom programs and algorithms to support data analyses and discovery. Works with staff on scientific programming and experimental design.
- Design and execute computational experiments. Work with staff on planning of experiments, and data analysis for internal and collaborative projects; bioinformatics expertise to advise and help bench scientists on experimental design and trouble-shooting.
- Make recommendations to investigators about the correct computational tools for testing scientific hypotheses and reaching valid conclusions.
- Records observations and report results at weekly laboratory meetings. Maintain proper and detailed documentation of the analysis performed and report results at lab meetings.
- Prepare scientific reports and progress reports; assemble data to prepare tables, graphs and slides; conduct scientific and program related information searches and report results.
- Provides statistical support / analysis on research data. Utilize and adapt existing bioinformatics techniques to check for trends and patterns in the data.
- Write complex queries to multiple databases. Perform data processing and data analysis with existing computational and statistical methods. Assist in evaluating and interpreting results for validity and scientific meaning.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
Certifications & Licenses – M.S. or Ph.D. degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, or a related field. – Minimum of three (3) years of experience working on bioinformatics
Field of Study – Biology
Software – R – MS Office Suite – Python
Skills – Strong communications skills, both oral and written – Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills – Strong experience working with Hi-C/ChIP-seq/ATAC-seq and/or multiomics data sets. – Demonstrated record of productive collaborative interactions with biologists
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren’t contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly’s Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what’s next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.