Warehouse Team Leader
Warehouse Team Leader
LOCATION: Medley, FL 33166
HOURS: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5 p.m with flexibility to work extended hours, weekend, and holidays as needed.
SUMMARY: Operate forklift to move cargo from warehouse staging area to containers. Identify and transport cargo to and from warehouse into containers. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Why should you apply to be a Warehouse Team Lead?
Starting day one:
- 401(K) Retirement Saving Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Other benefits
What’s a typical day as a Warehouse Team Lead ?
- Operates forklift to move cargo from warehouse staging area and fill containers continuously.
- Overseas warehouse assistance to ensure customer receiving and shipping standard operating procedures are executed in an efficient manner.
- Works with visiting customers on physical inventory and questions concerning cargo receiving and or shipping details.
- Handles receiving data entry to the system capturing customer defined information.
- Checks identification of cargo to be moved, cross-references with sailing schedule and moves to required location. Reports inconsistencies and/or problems to supervisor.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Obtains work assignments from supervisor and determines if additional tools are needed.
- Review all shipments upon arrival and inform supervisor immediately of any damages and/or spoiled cargo.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Compiles bill of ladings and/or dock receipts from customer specifications. Prepares necessary paperwork (i.e. dock receipts) as needed for shipments.
- Ensure that cargo is placed in the corresponding area for the port destination.
- Ensure that cargo is loaded in appropriate container for shipment.
- Uses snips to open boxes, removes strapping and wrapping and disposes safely in designated containers or areas. Places protective materials around load and uses appropriate tools to secure load for final shipment to customer.
- Handles and piles drums or other supplies being delivered to the port or other departments.
- Removes empty skids or pallets and stacks in designated area for future usage.
- Checks and arranges for regular maintenance of forklift. Changes propane tanks, oil and water, etc. Reports electrical and/or mechanical difficulties to warehouse mechanic.
- Maintain awareness of all surroundings (i.e. trucks, people etc.) at all times in order to avoid collisions.
- Sweeps work area for cleanliness as needed.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
This job might be an outstanding fit if you:
- Have 3 years experience working in a warehouse-required
- Minimum of 3 years operating a forklift
- Experience signing a Bill of Ladings BOLs
- Supervisor or managerial skills.
- Basic computer skills in programs such as MS Office, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- High School Diploma preferred
- Strong self-initiative
- Familiarity with Bonded Cargo-Preferred
- Experience with hazardous materials-preferred
What happens next? Once you apply, you’ll proceed to next steps if your skills and experience look like a good fit. But don’t worry—even if this position doesn’t work out, you’re still in our network. That means all our recruiters will have access to your profile, expanding your opportunities even more.