Quality Assurance Manager
South Holland, Illinois
Quality Assurance Manager
Location: South Holland, IL
Job type: Direct hire
Shift: 1st (Mon-Fri 8-5)
Salary: $80 – 100K (depending on relevant experience)
Under the direction of the Director of Quality Assurance, the Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the direction, implementation, and maintenance of the facility’s food safety and compliance programs. The person in this role will perform functions to analyze, update, and manage quality systems, food safety, and laboratory programs, tasks, and personnel. This person will coordinate with cross functional partners to identify and implement quality improvements to products and processes. This position is responsible for supervising the work of the QA data clerks and QA lab personnel.
- Manage all aspects of the plant HACCP plans and programs
- Verifies HACCP compliance including implementation of pre-requisite?programs??
- Serve as Food Safety Leader for site under guidance of Director of FSQA
- Evaluate daily records for compliance
- Serve as the site SQF Practitioner
- Verify finished product conformance by analyzing raw material, work-in-process, and finished product testing and monitoring data
- Manages?development and maintenance of quality systems and quality policies to assure compliance to GFSI, customer, and regulatory requirements
- Manages internal and external QA audits?including audit CAPA and close?out?
- Identify and implement quality systems improvements based on findings from internal audits and assessments and external audits
- Interacts with USDA inspectors regularly
- Assist Operations in addressing product and process related quality issues
- Perform hold and release activities, including retention of product, incident investigations, inventory verification and reconciliation, and disposition of product
- Provides timely and accurate resolution to customer needs, complaints, and concerns
- Tracks and trends?quality system performance and reports on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)?
- Provide functional support for facility projects and initiatives including conducting sanitary design reviews as needed
- Works in partnership with the Quality Improvement Manager to conduct risk assessments for new products
- Manages the site shelf-life study program
- Participates in sensory evaluation panels of company products including beef, pork, poultry, and various labeled allergens
- Trains and develops quality assurance personnel to ensure they meet acceptable?standards?
- Serve as back-up to the Director of Quality Assurance in his/her absence
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Schedules and assigns work for direct reports; follows up on results
- Oversees employee participation and adherence to food safety programs and policies
- Supervises direct reports in their daily activities which include training, motivating, disciplining, and evaluating employees
- Participates in the selection and orientation of new department employees
- Participates in the Performance Management Process
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years of progressive work experience in quality assurance/food processing
- Strong working knowledge of USDA/FDA guidance and regulations and GFSI requirements
- HACCP/PCQI Certified
- Proficient with computers and various software packages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to stand alone and make difficult decisions