Manufacturing Technician (1st shift) – START ASAP
PLEASE NOTE: Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
Kelly Science & Clinical is seeking an Associate Manufacturing Technician – 1st Shift to join their team in Pleasanton, CA for an American supplier of scientific instrumentation, reagents and consumables, and software services. For immediate consideration, please email your resume directly to: [email protected]. You may also text me at: (303) 601-8303.
Title: Associate Manufacturing Technician – 1st Shift
Department/Reports To: Manufacturing/Manager
Location: Pleasanton, CA (100% onsite)
Contract: Duration = 12 Months, Potential to Extend/Convert = Based on Performance, No Guarantee (full-time, non-exempt, W-2)
Pay Rate: $23.25/Hour (non-negotiable)
Schedule/Shift: Sunday – Wednesday, Monday – Thursday, Wednesday – Saturday/1st = 5:00 AM – 3:30 PM (4 days x 10 hours, OT after 10 hours in a day)
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Benefits: Available = Standard Kelly Benefits
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market, and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All of our employees share a common set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you’re looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Work in a team-based environment to manufacture high quality custom oligonucleotides in a high throughput, fast paced setting.
- Manufacture Oligonucleotides/Custom Primers for use in the biotech industry by following established protocols and SOP’s. Operate semi-automated and automated basic lab equipment. Regularly evaluate non-routine test results and either fail the product or allow it to continue through the production cycle.
- Highly repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Understand scientific principles in order to problem solve, troubleshoot test results, evaluate alternative choices and exercise independent judgment in selecting the best solution. Provide multiple decision options and corresponding logic/data behind the decisions. Proactively identifies production problems.
- Provides feedback and contributes ideas and suggestions to new and/or improved lab techniques, protocols, processes, special handling of the product and equipment.
- Balance multiple tasks. Demonstrate knowledge in the use of basic lab techniques and basic computer knowledge. Demonstrate the ability to meet standards as defined by the manufacturing process.
- Thoroughly and accurately complete documentation (completes BR, get necessary verifications, document problems, bring deviations to the attention of the Leads/Supervisors).
- Continuously strive to improve output goals. Demonstrate good time management resulting in efficiency. Support cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures, improving capacity and using supplies wisely. Reduce work in process, queues and cycle times.
- Inform appropriate people about problems/questions; be prepared to discuss problems/questions clearly. Work in a safe manner. Work with team members to overcome obstacles. Collaborate, support and consult with other team members as necessary. Give and receive constructive feedback.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Nature & Scope:
- Position occupies a significant role in mainstream oligonucleotide production. The role requires the ability to exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- 1 year of lab experience required (may be obtained through work or school).
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and willingness to cross-train in multiple areas within the manufacturing work cells.
- Degree preferred but willing to consider candidates with relevant experience.
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with relevant software (Excel and Word) are required.
- Works in a team-based laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 20 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work outside of regular work hours.
- The above position will require you to work a flexible shift pattern.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies.
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career.
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center, including accredited courses to obtain IT certifications, as well as PDU-approved courses.
- Weekly pay.
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire.*
*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor. (1/23.25/31.85)