Barnwell, South Carolina
Kelly® Professional & Industrial is hiring a Full-Time Maintenance Technician in the Barnwell, SC area.
Full-time – Direct Hire
M-F, 8am to 5pm; flexible shift may be available
Pay rate: $29+/hr
On Site – Barnwell, SC 29812
- Troubleshooting of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and equipment.
- Promoting and enforcing company safety requirements.
- Managing housekeeping expectations for all work assignments.
- Creating and maintaining mechanical procedures, specifications, manuals and documentation.
- Conducting daily activities in a manner which promotes plant reliability and productivity.
- Performing duties in accordance with all company policies, procedures and standards of quality.
- Must be comfortable with numbers and basic mathematic calculations. Supervising short-term contractor and service work by external parties.
- Technical support of procurement and material/service orders.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the MDF Maintenance Supervisor.
- Five years of experience in industrial production plant equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to read/interpret schematics, blueprints, instruction manuals, OEM drawings and plant diagrams.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to mentor team members.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Availability to work shift schedules, overtime, nights, holidays and weekends, plus respond to occasional off-hours call-outs to ensure plant reliability of operations. Additional Qualifications:
- Exposure to electrical systems and equipment/components.
- Personal computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs.
- Team player who works well with other company employees and associates; problem solver who is resilient and reliable.
- While performing the duties of this job the Mechanic will be required to: stand and walk for long periods, stoop, bend over, climb stairs, carry up to 50 lbs., regularly required to talk, hear, use hands/fingers and work in various positions.
- The employee must occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, ambient air, temperature extremes, combustible dust fumes or airborne particles, chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
Education and Specialized Skills:
- High School Diploma with at least five years’ work experience
- Two year degree in mechanical or electrical technology preferred.
- Basic Computer skills to be able to use programs for work order and parts management.
- The Mechanic must be able to complete daily tasks under little to no supervision, should have the ability to multi task in a fast pace environment, making decisions quickly with clear communication.
Contact a Recruiter: Chandra @ 817.778.8312 or email: [email protected]