Controls Engineer (Fanuc, Yaskawa)
Marion, North Carolina
- Regular hours but must be willing to work OT (including weekends) as needed.
- 2 year Automation Project
North Cove is embarking on a fully dedicated automation journey creating a dedicated team for this program. The position requires 3-5 years’ experience with the following skills: Rockwell Control Logix PLC code, servo control, robotic systems is a plus, ability to review electrical design and coordinate electrical contractors and integrators, perform change control implementation, train, identify gaps and develop countermeasures around programming issues.
Responsible for designing, developing, and implementing the projects part of the North Cove Automation Roadmap. In addition to providing technical support and service to these areas, the incumbent may also perform the following functions: supervising, requisitioning, defining, initiating, specifying, documenting, and training.
- Strong accountability and ownership.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Knowledgeable in the practice and application of Lean Manufacturing.
- Knowledgeable in the practice and execution of validation protocols.
- Technical Software Skills Preferred:
- PLC: Allen-Bradley Control Logix, AB500, Safety PLCs
- HMI: Allen-Bradley
- Communication: Understanding of TCP/IP networks, RS-232 interfaces, Profibus communication, Fieldbus and HSSB
- Electrical: Hands on troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, understanding of Category 3 Safety Systems, E-Plan P8, AutoCAD, ability to read /draw schematics
- Familiarity with drives (such as servo and VFD) motion control, encoders, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Robotics: Fanuc, Yaskawa
- Vision Systems: Cognex, Keyence
- Programming (Bonus): C#, C++, VB, SQL Server
Background and/or Experience
- BS in Engineering required (Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering preferred).
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a regulated industry is a plus.
Technical skill (Software or other):
- 3-5 years Rockwell PLC experience
- Servo control systems (Rockwell, Yaskawa)
- Ability to read and write electrical schematics
- Hands on mechanical skill set is a plus
- AutoCad drafting skills is a plus
Important information: To be immediately considered, please send an updated WORD DOCX version of your resume to [email protected].
- Workers must have US Work Authorization in possession prior to start as a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. Visa sponsorship is not available, now or in the near future, for this position.
***(Kelly Services does not expense or reimburse relocation costs)***