Manufacturing Assembly Service Tech 2nd Shift
Kelly® is currently recruiting for 2nd Shift Manufacturing Assembly Service Technicians for one of our top clients in Largo, FL.
Location: Largo, FL 33773
Pay: $18.50/ hour
Shift: Second 2:45pm – 11:15pm
Duration:12-month contract with a possibility of extension for the right fit candidate.
Technicians will perform the assembly, repair, packaging and/or electrical mechanical testing on medical device equipment. Follow documented standard work instructions and document the findings into the system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follows defined systems, applicable procedures, reviews maintenance records, and completes all documentation as required.
• Maintains flow of the servicing line working independently and as a team to complete task.
• Use good judgement per procedures to complete service or testing process, escalating as needed.
• Rotates into other areas such as assembly, repair, packaging, spare parts, and test operations as needed.
Depending on the rotation of roles you may also:
• Use a variety of hand tools, power tools, and aids (ex. tube cutter, crimp machine, pallet jack, etc.) to assemble and disassemble medical devices.
• Utilize machinery, equipment, and test aids to conduct a variety of tests, measure devices, and calculate data to ensure the unit operates as required.
• Perform scheduled calibration of test stations and equipment to ensure proper functionality.
• May assemble boxes and packaging material.
• May package medical devices and transports pallet of finished goods for outgoing shipment.
• Adhere to all environmental, health and safety SOP’s, equipment, policies, and procedures.
• Works pro-actively to achieve zero harm in the workplace by working toward preventing accidents.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Previous electrical mechanical assembly, repair OR testing experience is preferred, but not required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient computer skills to enter data, navigate, and routinely toggle between application systems.
• Ability to perform basic math is required.
• A basic proficiency with various assembly tools (ex: screwdriver, pliers) is preferred, but not required.
• Basic knowledge of various testing tools such as digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, hipot tester, and pressure gauges is helpful.
• Must be able to wear applicable personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas as required.
• Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time with frequent walking, stooping, reaching, grasping, and using good hand to eye coordination.
• Must be able to lift up to 35lbs and if working in shipment preparation up to 42lbs and use material handling equipment (ex. pallet jack or walkie stacker).