At Kelly® Professional & Industrial, we’re passionate about helping you find a job that works for you. If you ask us, this job looks pretty great.
We are seeking a Procurement Buyer for an Energy Technology Company based in Billerica, MA!
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (ON-SITE)
Location: Billerica, MA
Duration: 6 Months
*** MUST BE VACCINATED***
Role Summary / Purpose
The Procurement Buyer will own and manage purchasing deliverables within their scope of suppliers for the Shannon and Boston manufacturing sites. This will include utilizing approved supply base to support the material fulfillment needs of the organization. From request for quotation, price negotiation, purchase order placement, expediting through to invoice resolution to ensure the need dates of the business are met. Candidate must be reliable, self-motivated & reactive, and work on their own or with others to meet deadlines.
As Procurement Buyer, you will be responsible for:
• Assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability.
• Understand strategies for assigned commodities and proactively drive initiatives to meet procurement objectives such as develop new suppliers.
• Request for Quotation and price and lead time negotiations with suppliers to mitigate inflation and meet deflation targets.
• Maintain Material Masters, Purchase Information Records and Source lists in line with RFQ output and source decision.
• Own daily MRP review and convert open requisitions in line with expected SLA timing.
• Fulfil PO process in line with procurement standard and production schedule: issue PO, PO Acknowledgement and expediting.
• Work closely with Strategic Procurement, SQE and Logistics to drive supplier to expedite PO delivery to meet established delivery requirements with a target of 95% OTD.
• Support specification changes, NCR process for action related with supplier.
• Be main contact for supplier regarding commercial issue such as payment, logistics etc. to ensure proper and in-time solution.
• Applying right supplier strategy for assigned commodity with regular monitor on quality/cost/delivery performance.
• Support procurement leader to run and review key performance metrics and contribute to driving to excellence.
• Support procurement leader to drive improvements in processes including escalations due to delivery/quality issues, invoicing/payables issues, and database management.
• Prepare yearly & quarterly plans.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Min 2-3 years of procurement / materials experience.
• Experience dealing with suppliers and supplier metrics.
• Knowledge and understanding of MRP processes and systems.
• PC and database proficiency.
• Strong financial, negotiation and business analytical skills.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• High level of organization, ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines.
• Efficient with ERP / AP systems (SAP / ARIBA preferred).
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Six Sigma training is preferred (Baker Hughes employees only).
• Digital mindset with strong ability to learn and navigate systems.
• Approachable and able to connect with employees at all levels.
• Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness.