Kelly Services has partnered with a food manufacturing facility here in the Portland, OR in hiring Mixer Operators – Take part in making great products with natural ingredients to serve that natural goods community!
These roles are Temp-to-Hire.
11:15AM-7:15 PM – Includes weekends
$ 20.50/hr – Weekly pay through Kelly
Why you should apply for these Mixer Operator positions:
- Bus line access
- Safe work environment
- Room for advancement/ cross-training opportunities
- Potential over-time available
The Mixer Operator is responsible for running specified equipment and contributing skills and expertise to the production line to run efficiently and effectively. The Operator position duties are an essential part of day-to-day operation.
Mixer Duties Include:
- Operate in work groups and monitors processes within an assigned area of responsibility
- Load and unload items from machines and conveyors and feed materials through production equipment
- Participate in start-ups, shut-downs, changeovers and cleans; contributes to ensure efficiency and on-time completion.
- Adhere to Personnel, Food Safety and Safety policies, paying special attention to recipe adherence and lot code tracking
Requirements and Skills:
- Positions require standing, repetitive movement, bending and twisting, and using hands to handle objects; exposure to sustained noise levels; exposure to a variety of food allergens; working in very hot temperatures; exposure to hazards such as machinery, slippery floors, ladders and powered industrial vehicles. May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Repetitive lifting of up to 50 lbs. and repetitive transferring of buckets up to 100 lbs. from dollies to pallets
- Ability to stand for 95-100% of shift, sometimes up to 12 hours
- Able to work in environment containing nuts, peanuts, dairy, grains and other allergens
- Understanding of basic mathematical calculations, reading numbers and symbols, and record keeping
- High mechanical aptitude
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing/food production environment preferred
If you meet the qualifications listed above we encourage you to apply today!