Scan/Print Production Manager
Kelly is hiring a Scan/Print Production Manager for our client in the printing industry in Bellevue. This is a long term opportunity!
Pay: $31.25 + per hour depending on experience
Schedule: M – F 8AM – 5PM
The successful candidate is an enthusiastic and motivated individual who enjoys working in a Scan & Print Environment. All candidates will need to be skilled with general office software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat. The right candidate will ideally also have some experience with document scanning and printing but this is not mandatory.
• Receive and prepare documents to be scanned. This means removing staples, post-it notes or other stickers from small format documents (paper up to 11” x 17” in size) so they ready to be fed through the document scanner. For larger documents, it means ensuring that there are no staples or damage and that the document can pass through the scanning device.
• Create an index of the documents to be scanned so that you can later create a custom and meaningful digital folder structure for your client.
• Scan both small and large format (larger than 11” x 17” paper) documents using a variety of production scanning equipment.
• Process the scanned documents so that they meet client requirements for scan quality, file size, being text-searchable, etc.
• Assess the scanned documents to make sure that all received documents have been scanned and that all scans are legible.
• Transmit the finished product to your client and speak with them to make sure that the scans meet their needs.
• You will need to be able to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted and be able to stand for up to an hour at a time when using some of the scanning equipment.
• Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers.
• Receives, processes, and maintains orders for copier and finishing services from individuals, departments, and prioritize work assignments based on such criteria as customer needs, work load and machine capabilities.
• Makes suggestion’s regarding paper, binding, and other options.
• Estimate completion of job assignments and contacts clients regarding any requests that can’t be met.
• Process PDF files that come in via FTP, e-mail, delivery, walk in, or other method.
• Inspect finished work for sharpness, density of line, position, count and sizes.
• Operate copier and bindery equipment.
• Works overtime when necessary. Overtime is a condition of employment.
• Assist customer service answering phones and taking orders.
• Prepare packages for shipment with UPS, Fed-Ex, Airborne, and couriers.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to follow processes and procedures accurately.
• Ability to understand and communicate job-related information clearly and concisely.
• Able to multi-task while maintaining quality and accuracy.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to effectively promote the products and services of the company.
• Maintaining a clean workspace.
• Maintaining a courteous “can-do” attitude with internal and external customers.
High School Diploma / GED
Prior Scanning or Printing Experience.
Customer Service Experience.
Exhibit a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness to customers.
A basic working knowledge of Windows: Word, Excel, Outlook.
A basic working knowledge of Adobe Software.
A willingness to learn MFG or other billing software.
Must be detailed oriented and organized.
Ability to work in a team driven environment.
Ability to work in a fast pace, multi-tasking environment.
Ability to follow-through and react quickly to situations.
We are willing to train the right person.
If you are interested, apply today!