Sr. Laboratory Technician
Kelly is hiring for a Senior Laboratory Technician position with one of our clients in Johnston, IA
- Full time- W2
- 8 month contract (May be extended or converted)
Discovery, development, and stewardship of insect control traits requires a thorough understanding of the mode of action of the trait proteins. Many candidate proteins act through mechanisms that disrupt insect midgut function and can be characterized by biochemical and cell-based techniques. This position will utilize these techniques to characterize the mechanism through which the proteins control agronomically important insect pests.
- Purify and characterize recombinant insecticidal proteins.
- Perform ligand binding assays and characterize protein-protein interactions.
- Perform biochemical assays aimed at understanding the mode of action of insecticidal proteins.
- Perform insect dissections and/or isolate sub-cellular fractions from dissected tissues.
- Cell culture maintenance using aseptic technique
- Document research and report results and conclusions in written and/or oral format.
- Maintain laboratory and order supplies
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- BS or Associates degree in Biochemistry, Insect Physiology, Cell Biology or related field.
- Applicants should have strong analytical skills, be capable of conducting multiple projects simultaneously, and have technical proficiency in protein biochemistry.
- The ideal candidate also will have established practical experience in performing ligand binding assays.
- The successful candidate will be reliable, self-motivated, capable of working independently or as part of a group, and competent in written and oral reporting.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please apply online to be considered for the position.
As part of our promise to talent, Kelly supports those who work with us through a variety of benefits, perks, and work-related resources. That’s why we’re proud to offer a complete array of voluntary benefits to members of the Kelly talent community.