Sample Handler I
Kelly has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a temporary position with a client that is seeking a Sample Handler I in Indianapolis, IN.
PAY: $18-20/hr – W2
DURATION: 12 months
LOCATION: On-site – Indianapolis, IN
SCHEDULE: Mon – Fri – 8am – 5pm (flex scheduling)
The main function of a sample handler is to prepare study materials prior to sample processing collection. The Sample Handling Assistant is accountable for the receipt and the processing of irreplaceable clinical trial specimens. They operate basic to moderate equipment to process samples and input data. A typical Sample Handler works under the supervision of a Sample Management supervisor.
- Receive shipments for the LPS departments from the different couriers and perform all related tasks. Resolve misrouted shipments and perform all related tasks.
- Open and clean inbound shipments.
- Ensure QC of the discarded material to prevent any failures and report to management as needed. Maintain temperature of specimen in received condition.
- Scan shipments into the database.
- Follow all standard procedures for sorting and routing of samples to destination departments.
- Perform kit receipt process for inbound kits.
- Perform QC of requisitions.
- Perform data entry of all patient demographics and administrative entries.
- Prepare the original requisitions for hard copy archiving.
- Operate and maintain automation line and aliquoter.
- Perform manual aliquoting as needed.
- Image requisitions to be uploaded to internal webpage and sent for data entry.
- Set up, adjust, maintain, and clean medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s degree in medical technology or vocational training preferred.
- Minimum 1-year applicable work experience required.