Translator (Call Center)
Ponce, Puerto Rico
At Kelly® Professional & Industrial, we’re passionate about helping you find a job that works for you. If you ask us, this job looks pretty great! We’re seeking a Bilingual Call Center Translator fluent in Spanish and English for a great work from home job opportunity in Puerto Rico.
Why you should apply to be a Translator:
- 100% from home – from anywhere in Puerto Rico!
- Get paid every week – $12/hr
- Long-term position
- Part-Time and Full-Time positions available
- Part-Time schedule varies (min 28hrs per week)
- Full-Time hours within available schedule!
- Help others in your community connect
- Access to outstanding Kelly perks via https://www.mykelly.us/us-mykelly/perks/
What’s a typical day like as a Translator?
- Handle high volume inbound phone calls, ranging from short to very long calls – depending on each individual call
- Help interpret Spanish/English conversations for a wide range of industries including Healthcare, Government, Insurance Financial, Travel & Hospitality and government entities
- Translate Spanish/English conversations that may be both simple, complex or technical
This job might be an outstanding fit if you:
- Are located in Puerto Rico or planning on moving to PR
- Are fluent in both Spanish and English and can pass language tests and training
- Are able to attend a 4-week paid training (MON-FRI 8am-3.30pm) and pass a final interpreter exam
- Can provide a quiet, closed off work environment, as these conversations may entail sensitive/confidential information
- Are comfortable spending the majority of your time on the phone
- Are able to work a structured schedule
Other technical/work space requirements:
- The use of a smartphone (with software version Android 13 / iOS 16 or higher) – during your shift your smartphone will have to be on airplane mode
- High speed Internet connection (WiFi required) for work related electronic communication
- Paper shredder to dispose of handwritten notes taken during calls – OR use of a white board
- Provide a headset that meets specifications and can directly plug into your smart phone via headphone jack (you may need to purchase an adapter as well).
- A quiet, closed off workspace free from disturbances throughout the day
What happens next
Once you apply, you’ll proceed to next steps if your skills and experience look like a good fit. But don’t worry—even if this position doesn’t work out, you’re still in our network. That means all of our recruiters will have access to your profile, expanding your opportunities even more.