Sample Logistics Lab Tech
Creve Coeur, Missouri
Kelly is hiring a Sample Logistics Lab Tech for one of our pharmaceutical clients in Creve Coeur, MO.
- M-F 8am start time
- 6 month contract
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Processing Sample Orders via the Sample Logistics Apps.
• Prepare Sample Orders for shipping and attach appropriate SDS(s).
• Scan each sample order and its samples for packaging into shipping container, complete the shipping process according to IATA and/or DOT regulations and file the shipping documents.
• Assist in completing international shipments and communicating shipping details.
• Physically conduct and reconcile sample inventories (current, bulk and GLP) in the Sample Logistics Apps. And create Excel inventory reports.
• Responsible for receiving packages for the Sample Logistics team and maintaining accurate records for future references.
• Main the archive Certificate of Analysis for GLP samples.
• Assist in overseeing the restricted GLP cage area where GLP samples are maintained and secured according to GLP regulations.
• Sub-filling sample container adhering to all HSE, SDS and site safety policies. Apply FIFRA research sample labels, and stickers according to process orders. Scan samples into the inventory and complete process order.
• Ability to identify questionable test substances based on appearance and consult Sample Logistics manager.
• Maintain, update and archive Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for the Sample Logistics Inventory, retrieving SDS from Global QHSE database, other Ag manufactures/supplier’s databases.
• Maintain bulk inventory with appropriate labels, scan to physical location and place containers on appropriated shelves.
• Assist in ordering, receiving, and organizing supplies in their designated areas for the Sample Logistics team.
• Assist the sample logistics team with other duties as requested.
• Complete all Bayer trainings including IATA and DOT trainings.
• Report to and notified the Sample Logistics manager or designated person of any discrepancies with orders, computer and application problems, and other issues that may arise with the samples process.
• Associate degree or its equivalent and 0-3 years of related experience
• Preferred Degree in the Science field
Skill & Competency Requirements:
• Knowledge of working with pesticides and laboratory experience.
• Experience working with balances/scales and excellent math skills
• Knowledge and experience in understanding Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
• Bar code scanning knowledge
• Able to handle work at a fast pace
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Excellent computer skills
• Able to work in a team environment
• High level of integrity
• Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to change
• Excellent written and verbal communication