Lab Technician I
Annandale, New Jersey
Laboratory Technician I (Annandale, NJ)
Kelly Science, a global staffing and solutions provider of specialty talent, is currently recruiting in the NJ area for a Laboratory Technician I! The employer is one of the largest petrochemical providers in the world. For this role, you would be performing quality control testing on final lubricant products shipped in from plants all over the US. This is an opportunity to contribute your knowledge of laboratory skills to a team of scientists working to ensure great product quality every day. Whether you are looking to take a next step in your career, or have skills and need somewhere to start, this is a fantastic chance to gain new knowledge. They are looking for a good verbal and written communicator with time-management and organizational skills.
Shift: 1st shift: Monday – Friday, (flexible with hours and can start as early as 630AM or as late at 9AMEST– some OT is possible
Duration: 1-year contract with the possibility to be extended for longer
Pay: $26/hr but flexible based on experience
PPE provided by site
- Support/assist the lab supervisors/chemists by performing routine and non-routine laboratory analysis/wet chemistry on product and in-process samples, to support plant operations for the purpose of quality assurance/control.
- Support lubricant operations such as blending, mixing, and batching with a high degree of accuracy
- Perform calibration and maintenance of test equipment.
- Prepare samples, via distillation and blend preparation, and ensure accurate data generation and records, in accordance with the standard operating procedures.
- Utilize analytical instruments to address quality assurance/control issues
- Prepare chemical stock solutions and reagents, as well as set preparation standards.
- 1+ year of relevant experience in a laboratory environment, whether academia, industry, or combination; wet chemistry knowledge preferred but not required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with quality control systems preferred
- Some level of Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Able to pass a fit for duty check as this role would require some heavy lifting up to 55-gallon drums
- Able to adhere to safety protocols
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment – very important
The need for this role is urgent so apply now.