Color Production Associate
Kelly is hiring a Color Production Associate for our client in the printing industry in Seattle. This is a long term opportunity!
Pay: $19 – $24
Schedule: M – F 8AM – 5PM (OT as needed)
In this role you will receive orders and processes color, wide format print work utilizing large format printers. Oversee the color production and job preparation, submission, and workflow tasks for each assigned equipment. Use various equipment/machinery to finish the job to the exact customer standards. This includes filling in any sizes, quantities, job names or purchase orders on the work order prior to starting the job. Operate wide format, scanning, bindery & finishing, reproduction and duplication equipment.
• Study production schedule. Estimate hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Inform the manager of any requests that can’t be met. Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Receive, process, and maintain orders for wide format printers to perform color print services and prioritize work assignments based on customer needs, work load and machine capabilities. Print proofs for sign-off.
• Make suggestions regarding paper, binding, productivity and color workflow options.
• Process PDF, and graphics files that come in e-mail, delivery, walk in, or other method.
• Ensure required resources are available to complete job (media, fonts, graphics, etc.).
• Respond appropriately to fault, error, and alert messages.
• Evaluate output and make adjustments to obtain a desired level of image quality.
• Troubleshoot problems that occur during job submission or the printing process.
• Address problematic orders and customer complaints.
• Inspect finished work for sharpness, density of line, position, count and sizes.
• Minor maintenance functions include cleaning, replenishing consumables, replacing filters and waste containers.
• Use diagnostics to troubleshoot and correct image quality artifacts.
• Provide good customer service to maintain current accounts and enhance the company’s image.
• Process, comprehend, and follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
• Gather, organize, and wrap completed work for delivery to customer or next department.
• Complete paperwork for the billing process.
• Keep your area stocked with paper and supplies. Notify your supervisor if supplies need to be reordered.
• Report mechanical failure to the Production Manager or Branch Manager.
• Work overtime when necessary. Overtime is a condition of employment.
• Assist in other departments when necessary or orders are slow.
• Assist customer service by answering phones and taking orders, assisting customers and other duties as needed.
• Assist by preparing packages for shipment with UPS and Fed-Ex, or for the courier.
• Conscientious and consistent effort to quickly and accurately complete each task and/or job is the company’s productivity standard.
• Abide by all company rules and regulations, including those set forth in the Employee Handbook.
• Maintain a courteous and “can-do” attitude with internal and external customers.
• Perform any other tasks, duties, or functions directed by the Production or Branch Manager.
• Customer Service
• A working knowledge of Adobe, Outlook, Excel, Word
• The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• The ability to maneuver piece of media
• Focus on quality work
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 2+ years experience in color reprographics field in professional environment using graphic applications.
• 1-2 years of direct color services and design such as signage, posters, projects, etc.
• Thorough knowledge of materials and equipment utilized in color printing, duplicating, binding and finishing.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft product
If interested, apply today!