Business Systems Analyst
Kelly Technology is on the hunt for a Business Systems Analyst for one of our premier non-profit, mission oriented client located in the Jacksonville, FL area.
Business Systems Analyst
Location: Jacksonville, FL (hybrid, 3 days in office, 2 days remote)
Full time/Direct Hire/ Permanent
Business Systems Analyst supports and maintains Information Technology (IT) solutions for client. The Business Systems Analyst gathers business requirements, creates and completes user acceptance testing, serves as liaison among IT and client business partners, providing technical and business solutions to meet user needs. The Business Systems Analyst translates business and functional requirements into technical specifications and works with team members to test and implement changes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review, analyze, and critically evaluate user requests and business systems to evaluate the business need for changes and define associated deliverables.
• Review business functions, identify information needs and functional requirements, evaluate output requirements and formats.
• Document requirements, define scope and objectives, and formulate systems to parallel business strategies.
• Translate business requirements into detailed user cases and user stories.
• Translate user stories into technical design requirements
• Support the business in creating and developing business cases.
• Research, identify, and recommend creative solutions to solve business systems challenges.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with team and business partners.
• Participate in testing activities and writing test cases for QA based upon project requirements.
• Recommend controls and proactively assess processes to reduce risk and identify potential future issues.
• Define technical project requirements and adhere to project milestones, phases, and elements.
• Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
• Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Demonstrated ability documenting process flow charts and mapping business ideas to technical solutions.
• Working knowledge of various sequential design processes and modeling methodologies, e.g., Waterfall, Agile.
• Strong project management skills. Skillful in implementing technology-enabled business solutions for clients.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, e.g. Visio, Project, Excel.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Atlassian JIRA and Confluence.
• Ability to organize requirements by features and user stories and create a backlog for use throughout the project lifecycle.
• Strong analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze information and identify and define problems.
• Strong collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member and resolve problems. Ability to influence others to gain consensus on the most effective solution.
• Knowledge of technical best practices. Strong research skills.
• Demonstrated ability to drive projects to successful outcome, providing excellent customer service to ensure project success and client satisfaction.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong presentation skills. Ability to present technical and non-technical information clearly and concisely to various audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and recommend mitigations for security concerns.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and good judgment when working with sensitive issues.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and manage multiple deadlines.
• Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
• Five years of experience as business systems analyst in a technology environment utilizing software design processes and methodologies.
• Three years of experience with system analysis principles, methods, procedures, practices, and tools.
• Three years of experience with SQL queries and SQL Reporting Services.
• Three years of experience with testing, documenting test cases, and data mapping.
• Bachelor’s degree. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, or experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Bachelor’s degree in business systems, computing, metrics, or related field.