Behavioral Health Case Manager | Reno, NV | Social Worker
Behavioral Health Case Manager I
Location: Remote with potential to become hybrid – Must live in Reno, Nevada
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8a-5p PST
WHY WE’RE A GREAT COMPANY
19 days of PTO
10 company paid holidays on top of the PTO days
full medical, dental, vision insurance
401(K) with matching
Please note: The BH Case Mgr (CM) job progression is primarily member facing and involves complete clinical assessment. Whereas the BH Care Manager (UM) job progression is primarily a provider facing role although it does involve some member facing activities such as collecting information and using clinical knowledge and expertise to ensure our members are directed to the appropriate level of care.
Build the possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact:
- Responsible for performing case management telephonically and/or by home visits within the scope of licensure for members with behavioral health and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder needs.
How you will make an impact (may include but are not limited to):
- Uses appropriate screening criteria knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs.
- Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and develops care plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of care plan and modifies plan as needed.
- Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost effective care.
- Coordinates with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the members and collaborates with providers.
- Requires MA/MS in social work, counseling, or a related behavioral health field or a degree in nursing
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in social work counseling with broad range of experience with complex psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current active unrestricted license such as RN LCSW (as applicable by state law and scope of practice) LPC (as allowed by applicable state laws) LMFT or Clinical Psychologist to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in applicable states or territory of the United States required
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Experience in case management and telephonic and/or in person coaching with members with a broad range of complex psychiatric/substance abuse and/or medical disorders preferred.
- For Government business only LAPC LAMFT (as allowed by applicable state laws) is also acceptable in addition to other licensure referenced above; and any other state or federal requirements that may apply.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Must live in Reno, NV or ~30 minute commute
Must have RN, LCSW, LPC, LMFT, or Clinical Psychology license (for Nevada)
Masters in Social Work, Counseling, or related Behavioral Health field or degree in nursing
Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in social work counseling with broad range of experience with