Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Estate Manager for SF / Napa (Live-out) – FILLED
San Francisco / Napa, CA
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: San Francisco / Napa CA
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Estate Staff
Position: Estate Manager for SF / Napa (Live-out)
Schedule: 5 days per week (including weekdays and weekends) working 8-10+ hour shifts.
Salary Amount or Range: $190-$225K, D.O.E. Full benefits package available and discretionary bonus eligible.
Bay Area Region: San Francisco
A semi-formal, family comprised of an executive couple and four children under the age of eight years old is seeking a professional, experienced, and detail-oriented full-time Estate Manager. The Estate Manager’s role is to oversee establishing service standards, develop a service-orientated team across four properties (two in San Francisco, one in Napa, and one in Tahoe), and implement the service systems towards the operation of the estate, including and not limited to household manuals, how-to sheets, and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in private service and household/estate management, entertaining/event planning, and hospitality. They will oversee all maintenance and operations across multiple residences, as well as seamlessly manage domestic staff across all properties. This position is for a smart, hardworking, and flexible candidate who can clearly and effectively communicate in a fast-paced working environment.
A goal in succeeding in this role is to provide the couple with more time to enjoy each other, their children, and their individual passion projects.
The schedule for this position is approximately 5 days per week (including weekdays and weekends) working 8-10+ hour shifts.
- Minimum of 5-10 years related experience providing personal service to a private family in a similar role/capacity with verifiable references
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Fluency in English
- Preference for candidates living in Marin as the family has homes in both SF and Napa
- Extreme flexibility with scheduling
- Ability to remain calm and composed during demanding periods and have a strong sense of urgency
- “Hands-on” through the assessment, documentation, and creation of service standards phase
- Experience in vendor management and contract negation
- Proactive and motivated with a “can do” attitude
- Experience and comfortable working collaboratively in staffed informal residences with children
- Prioritize and meet deadlines working under pressure
- Travel domestically to other residence(s)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish / French / Chinese / Arabic is desirable, but not required
- Valid driver’s license; confident driver with zero points
- Valid passport with willing and ability to travel with the family to secondary residences domestically and abroad
- Provide outstanding personal service to the family and their guests
- Represent the principal employers with outstanding integrity, graciousness, and fairness
- Develop, implement, and account for ongoing property expense budgets, including estimates for large property improvement projects
- Assess current procedures, identify efficiency improvements, and create systems and processes striking a balance between best practices and customized to the couple or property
- Implement procedures to ensure all household systems (IT, AV, HVAC, security, radiant floor heat, etc.) are in optimal working order at all times
- Develop and document weekend and seasonal opening and closing procedures for each residence
- Assess supplies, equipment, and tools to create operational inventories specific to each property
- Determine scheduling for service 7-days-a-week and coordinate the movement of staff, vendors, and service providers
- Source, hire, train, and establish esprit de corps among domestic staff and legacy service suppliers for seamless, respectful, and discreet service
- Monitor service contracts, review invoices, and streamline payment process
- Utilize industry best practices in regard to communications, scheduling, preventive maintenance, HR/Payroll, insurance, risk management, capital planning, expenses, technology, and entertaining
- Coordinate annual family milestone events, including holiday gatherings, birthday parties, and anniversary celebrations
- Liaise with family office and/or business office
- Establish and maintain COVID-19 cleaning and sanitation procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail
- Strong leadership style and positive management style