Assistant Store Manager
San Diego, CA
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager through maintaining company policies and operational processes. Primary duties include driving daily sales and profit results to meet/exceed budget, manage inventory accuracy, monitor safety programs, developing store associates to be successful, ensuring store standards are maintained, merchandising the sales floor to maximize the customer experience, and enhancing customer loyalty. This position is also responsible for actively recruiting/interviewing potential candidates, cash handling processes, bank deposits and overall maintenance of the store. A successful Assistant Store Manager will be knowledgeable of company policies, communicate effectively, demonstrate the ability to develop the associates, make timely decisions and execute all responsibilities with a sense of urgency.
Full-Time; Direct Hire position
Up tp $50k depending on experience
Full benefits available!
Career advancement opportunities!
- Review sales floor daily for merchandising opportunities
- Review daily sales goals and motivate staff to meet or exceed sales goals
- Ensure all company policies and processes are executed at a high level
- Actively recruit, interview and hire exceptional talent
- Support an environment of accountability and fairness
- Develop each store employee to be effective in their current role
- Ensure all safety requirements are validated and audits completed on time
- Ability to interpret sales reporting data to improve store performance
- Strong desire to exceed expectations to achieve both personal and financial success
- Ability to coach and develop staff to be effective in their current role
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal/communication skills
- Dedicated daily ownership of financial and performance goals
- Two years of experience in Retail Assistant Store Management or three years of related management experience
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including outside of normal business operating hours.
- Proficient with various computer systems/software such as Point of Sale, OUTLOOK, EXCEL and WORD.
- 10 Days PTO and 10 paid holidays
- Full health and dental benefits
- A great work-life balance
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, apply for immediate consideration.
About Direct Tools Factory Outlet
Direct Tools Factory Outlet brings you the best brand name tools at huge savings, offering brands such as RYOBI, RIDGID, and Hoover. We offer factory blemished and factory reconditioned products backed by manufacturer warranties that other outlets can’t match. Shop our full selection of power tools, outdoor products, and floorcare products, today! We look forward to helping you take your DIY projects from start to finish! With many locations across the U.S. and growing, we would love for you to join our winning team!
“DTFO offers employees Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident, Life, Disability and Cancer insurance coverage.”
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other protected status under the law. EverStaff is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V/SO/GI)”