Actuarial Analyst Pricing
Actuarial Analyst (Pricing) – A fantastic opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Actuarial pricing analyst to join a dynamic team reporting into the Actuarial manager. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in pricing and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
Based within the Pricing Team, you will provide support to the in-flight pricing transformation project as well as ongoing actuarial pricing support to underwriting teams. The pricing team collectively contribute to the actuarial function objectives, reporting up through the syndicate Chief Actuary and with close collaboration with the wider group pricing functions.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Developing the Pricing Framework within the Syndicate and contribute to the maintenance of Lloyd’s Pricing Maturity Matrix
- Establishing an excellent working relationship with underwriting teams across the business to ensure their long-term support for technical pricing concepts and pricing tools
- Ongoing development, maintenance and cyclical validation of rating tools and pricing capabilities for all classes of business, including model documentation
- Liaising with the software provider to ensure all functionality is working correctly and all efficiencies are benefitted from
The key skills required for the role are as follows:
- 2-4 years actuarial experience and desire to pursue IFOA Fellowship
- Experience of actuarial work principles, ideally from pricing background but not essential
- Proactive candidate that is able to prioritise and manage own workload
- Critical thinking skills – problem diagnosis and problem solving
- Experience in programming languages such as C#, SQL, VBA, R or Python beneficial but not essential
This is a fantastic opportunity with long term career prospects.
If you think you have the skills required and would like to apply, please submit your CV or contact Poppie Cooper at Bruin Financial.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.