Associate Director, Head of UK Journey Management.
The client is a privately held, purpose driven investment solutions company who offer investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, and many other financial products. They work with a range of different clients, ranging from sovereign wealth funds, large corporations, insurers, central banks down to private individuals. The client is looking for an Associate Director to report to the Head of Performance Marketing, enabling the formation of a world-leading centre for audience led digital marketing journeys. They company are striving to be a centre of excellence for digital marketing.
- Complete knowledge of the clients audience which includes understanding of their demographics, life moments, behaviors, content channel, and more.
- Competent in team management, this role with be managing a team of 4.
- Inputting appropriate KPI’s to optimize and monitor journey performance.
- Develop journey strategies and delivery plans aligned to company goals.
- Collaboration internally to optimize performance of plans.
- Appropriate and successful use of tools to drive automation and reach a higher level of personalization.
- Utilize and drive research initiatives, propositions, and product enhancements to support audience needs.
- Experience in a blue-chip environment with proven digital journey and content strategy skills.
- Hands on attitude, bold personality, and the ability to deliver clear and concise goals.
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to set and communicate strategic directions and plans.
- Confident operating in a global company and holding a level of seniority.
- A desire to be impactful.
- Able to balance risk, opportunity, and cost/benefits daily.
- Owning and application of brand tones to marketing content.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with all.
- Strong abilities in proof reading, editing and copywriting.
- Experience across Marketo, Workfront, Adobe Target, Decibel Insights and Adobe Analytics.
- Ability and proven experience in overseeing programs of customer research projects.
- For digital marketing channels, the ability to consider effective landing pages and onward journeys.
- UK regulatory environment and requirement understanding for complaint communications.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.