Banking Accounting Advisory, Manager
This is a unique opportunity to join a world class consultancy firm's 'Banking Accounting Advisory' team at a Manager level. The team consists of Banking and Financial Services technical accounting specialists, that have extensive experience in delivering expert accounting advisory services, financial reporting and regulatory change projects to major Tier-1 global banks, challenger banks and building societies.
- Managing client opportunities, deliver live engagements, lead small teams and provide input into larger multidisciplinary teams.
- Responding to clients’ ongoing adhoc technical accounting queries.
- Analysing client transactions or structures and perform detailed technical accounting analysis, including writing formal accounting opinions where required, e.g. structured transactions or deal accounting. You will assist senior management of the team to deliver these services to clients on complex transactions.
- Providing clients with advice on technical accounting issues and broader impacts of new accounting standards and regulatory changes.
- Writing and reviewing client reports based on analytical exercises (e.g. review of clients’ technical accounting decisions, stakeholder interview) to present findings and recommendations.
- Assisting clients in their implementation programme for new accounting changes or developments.
- Playing an active role in the identification of business development opportunities, client targeting, developing our clients client propositions and thought leadership collateral, and assisting in the responses to client proposals, with a primary focus on Financial Services.
- Managing and mentoring junior engagement team members.
- Supporting senior management of the team with aspects of practice management.
- Researching relevant technical and industry developments, participating in and facilitating internal and external technical training.
- Professional qualification: ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting standards related to financial instruments and/or relevant to Financial Services clients (IAS 39 hedge accounting, IFRS 9, IFRS 7, IFRS 13, IAS 32, IAS 38, IFRS 3, IFRS 10, IFRS 16, IFRS 15).
- Strong experience in the practical application of the above financial instrument accounting requirements within the Banking and Financial Services industry.
- Understanding of the Banking sector and UK and EU banking regulations and the critical interactions between IFRS and regulatory reporting.
- Excellent written and communication skills particularly in writing technical accounting analysis or opinions, delivering presentations and an ability to communicate well with clients both in writing and verbally.
- Strong ability to evaluate technical issues, research and analyse facts, ability to influence and deal with senior individuals, consult and deliver solutions to clients.
- Strong analytical skills in relation to impairment under IFRS 9, effective interest rate and other relevant valuation techniques.
- Strong project management skills demonstrated by a record of accounting project delivery.
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills.
- Relevant accounting advisory or technical accounting experience within Financial Services particularly in Banking, with a minimum 2 years’ experience in technical accounting in Banking.
- Any additional Financial Services experience, such as asset management or insurance, would be advantageous.
- Robust technical understanding of accounting standards related to financial instruments and/or relevant to Financial Services clients (IAS 39 hedge accounting, IFRS 9, IFRS 7, IFRS 13, IAS 32, IFRS 16, IFRS 15).
- Strong experience in the practical application of the above financial instrument accounting requirements within the Banking industry. Strong experience in IFRS 9 impairment process, derivatives or hedge accounting experience is desirable, as well as demonstrated experience in accounting change projects.
- Technical understanding of nonfinancial instruments accounting standards and other relevant requirements as relevant to deals accounting and finance transformation (IAS 38, IFRS 3, IFRS 10, IFRS 2, UK Companies Act requirements). Practical experience of application of these standards in the Banking industry is desirable.
- Understanding of Banking sector and UK and EU banking regulations and the critical interactions between IFRS and regulatory reporting. Prior experience with FINREP and other regulatory reporting within CRDIV would be advantageous.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.