The Controls Engineer will be responsible to design, implement, and support the electrical, fluid power, and software controls of automated equipment and systems. These systems should meet or exceed the highest safety and quality standards to achieve ideal equipment uptime and performance. Must be self-motivated, proactive, organized and have excellent communication skills, as well as a good attitude regarding team work and working well with all team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
• Develop, design, and implement functional electrical and fluid power circuits for automated industrial equipment.
• Develop schematics and drawings of equipment circuits using AutoCAD.
• A strong safety record and working knowledge of NFPA 70E and proper lockout-tagout practices.
• Ability to size, layout, and schematically document a control panel used for industrial equipment. • Interpret mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements.
• Research, procure, and implement controls devices such as PLC's, valves, VFD's, servo motors/drives, hydraulic power units and power sources to create a functional bill of material.
• Design functional PLC and HMI programs using mainly Studio 5000 and FactoryTalk View ME/SE. Some experience in other software suites is preferred but not necessary.
• A strong understanding of robotics in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Review, repair and redesign legacy code and legacy systems.
• Assist and/or lead efforts to troubleshoot or improve existing company installed equipment.
• Assist and/or lead efforts to establish and document equipment operating procedures and processes. Authority: Report all quality issues to manager and inform quality department. Help in correcting problem by making suggestions, assisting in corrective action, and documentation.
• Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year College or University in Engineering; six to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Requires good mechanical aptitude and strong skills in manufacturing process improvement.
• Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and general business documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the organization. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive common inquiries or complaints while having the ability to effectively present information to management.
• Proficient computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping and working knowledge of Microsoft office which include Outlook, Word and Excel. Utilize use of computer operations (relational databases and operating systems).
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions, and detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving few to no concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to solve practical problems while also being able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Knowledge of blow molding process, and experience with solid modeling is a plus.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD.
• Ability to travel for company needs, which includes training for approximately 3 months out of state.
• Ability to work overtime and some Saturdays as required. To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Safety and Security Complies with all safety and security policies and procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, and uses equipment and materials properly.
• Quality Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Trust & Respect – Treats people with respect, works with integrity and ethics, and upholds organizational values.
• Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work.
• Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities, puts success of team above own interests, and supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, and promotes a harassment-free environment.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer