Our client is a universal bank seeking a Credit Analyst to join their Risk division. This function is responsible for the overall management and oversight of our client’s risk management practices across Europe. As a result of Brexit, our client’s Risk function will be expanding to effectively manage all risk-related business activities. The successful candidate will play an integral role in a dynamic team, working closely with Directors, VPs and AVPs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting colleagues on a portfolio of restructurings and workout cases, including attending and participating in meetings with senior colleagues.
- Undertaking detailed credit analysis on client situations including financial and non-financial analysis.
- Working alongside senior colleagues in undertaking valuation analysis and impairment calculations.
- General responsibilities commensurate with a credit/risk officer, including drafting and, as appropriate, presenting of credit papers/memos and maintaining appropriate information in credit risk systems.
- Personal adherence to governance, compliance and lending portfolio controls, and conformance to regulations applicable to your role.
- Assisting in the business management requirements of the team.
- Participating in and contributing to internal projects which the team supports from time to time.
Risk and Control Objective
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and our client’s internal Policies and Policy Standards.
- Strong analytical skills with knowledge of credit in a corporate / investment banking environment beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-starter: willingness to be assertive, take on responsibility and work under own initiative to tight deadlines.
- Team player – prepared to work well with others incl. across teams.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to use initiative and to work to deadlines.
• Expertise in all Microsoft Office applications and applications relating to financial and credit analysis
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- This role is deemed as a Controlled Function role under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.