Crisis Lead, Global Business Continuity Management
Leading International Asset Manager seeking a Crisis Lead to join their Global Business Continuity Management
Successful management of the Crisis Management Framework requires strong collaboration with senior management and key employees across all business units globally. Within the team it requires strong partnership with the GBCM Programme Lead and direct management of the GBCM Regional Leads. These stakeholders each have a role to play in enhancing as well as implementing the framework.
The key responsibilities for the Crisis Management Framework are as follows:
- Planning includes scenario planning and table top exercises, using a risk based approach; as well as training over 300 stakeholders including the GBCM team
- Responding to business disruption events/crisis includes ensuring adherence to the established globally consistent process with good judgement how to flex the framework to the situation; this can include working outside of normal business hours, including weekends, as the team provides a 24/7 response model
- Learning aspect includes running ‘post incident review’ sessions so all stakeholders can learn from actual events/crisis as well as enhance the Crisis Management Framework; includes ensuring all open actions are tracked to timely completion
The role is also responsible for:
- Responsible for direct reports of all regional GBCM leads (currently 4 globally) with a functional focus on crisis management
- Developing a consistent approach to managing regulatory/audit/client queries/reviews whilst ensuring any issues identified are tracked to closure
- Ensuring procedures are in place which support the GBCM policy and Crisis Management Framework. This is with a view to achieve the ISO 22301 certification
Experience and Qualifications Required
Function Specific and Leadership
- At least 5+ yrs of experience in a similar business continuity management role with substantial crisis management responsibilities, ideally in a financial or professional services capacity.
- Professional qualification in business continuity management. Professional qualification in crisis management a plus.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in meeting the key responsibilities of the role.
- Strong leadership skills and productive team player with a proven track record.
- Strategic thinker as well as good attention to detail.
Experienced at building frameworks, setting governance, and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Ability to work globally, deploy an independent perspective, and seek improvement whilst retaining established processes.
- Strong facilitation, agenda setting and note-taking skills.
- Strong analytical, organisational, and decision-making skills.
- Experienced across the Microsoft product suite. Intermediate/advanced level of knowledge of excel and power point is essential. Knowledge of Power BI is a plus.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.