Fast Track Litigator – Leading UK Insurance Group – Flexible working
EL/PL/RTA Litigator in the Civil Litigation team, full time with flex working up to 100% WFH
- Handling a caseload of Claimant Employers Liability claims, Public Liability claims and unusual Road traffic Accidents such as Pedestrian or Cyclist claims as well as transferred fast track RTA files that are ready to litigate.
- Representing the firm in the conduct of client matters in providing legal advice and assistance in a professional matter, in accordance with internal procedures and acting as an ambassador to the organisation.
- Managing a client’s claim by continually using the firm’s technical process and accurately documenting each activity that has taken place and ensuring time is recorded accurately.
- Completing all necessary investigations into the circumstances of the incident and the value of the client’s claim, carrying out legal research as required. Collating and reviewing the evidence to assess prospects of the claim succeeding its merits. Assessing the likely value of the claim for personal injury and recoverability of financial losses.
- Ensuring clients are provided the accurate legal advice.
- Negotiating settlement on the best possible terms for the Client ensuring that instructions are followed or taken at the vital points. Ensuring that the legal expenses provider is kept updated at all key stages.
- Drafting the necessary documents to issue court proceedings, following court directions, drafting statements and preparing the file for a final court hearing.
- Managing cases efficiently and effectively. Making sure that client work is progressed efficiently to meet departmental targets and Service Level Agreements and the client is kept proactively informed where appropriate.
- Experienced Claims handler, Legal Executive or Solicitor.
- Previous experience of EL / PL claims handling preferable, either within an insurance company or law firm environment.
- Knowledge of Pre Action Protocols, CPR, Practice directions and relevant statute and case law as well as relevant regulations relating to accidents at work.
- Experience of using a Case Management System and using the MOJ Portal
- Knowledge of JC Guidelines for the assessment of general damages in personal injury cases and understanding and ability to research different resources e.g Lawtel
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.