Bruin are proud to be recruiting for our client based in Chester for an experienced Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst to step into a permanent role, and are looking for somebody who is control focused and analytically minded to join the team. This new and exciting opportunity will allow the successful candidate the opportunity for ongoing development through senior management interaction and ad hoc project work. Fantastic salary and benefits are on offer for the successful candidate!
- Deliver timely, accurate and value-added management P&L information to senior stakeholders
- Act as a valued business partner to senior managers we support by proactively dealing with requests and anticipating client needs
- Manage and produce detailed annual plan and rolling forecasts in conjunction with business partners.
- Provide regular P&L commentary and analysis to US Finance teams for consolidation
- Collaborate with global Financial controllers to provide regional results and maintain relevant finance hierarchies
- Manage the monthly preparation, posting and analysis of journal entries for accruals, prepayments and reallocations
- Analysis of internal cost allocations and provide supporting analysis for receiver groups
- Manage and control balance sheet entries and support for reconciliations
- Ad-hoc project work including process improvements, standardisation and cost reduction analysis
- Oversee work prepared by offshore resources
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in delivering financial information to senior management
- High degree of numerical, verbal and analytical ability
- Ability to produce high quality, accurate output under tight timescales
- Organisational skills and ability to proactively manage workload
- Proven Excel skills
- FP&A Experience, including building forecasts, designing reports and generating analysis (Financial Services industry experience is not a prerequisite)
- Strong Excel skills, including the ability to build well-controlled spreadsheets and financial models
- General Ledger system experience
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified) with strong accounting skills and an eye for detail
- Experience in preparing, posting or reviewing of month end journals
- Ability to lead offshore resources and provide mentorship and guidance
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.