In-House Tax Manager, Financial Services
City of London, London
Tax Manager, In-House (financial services)
£70,000-£75,000 + bonuses/benefits & flexibility (part-time possible)
Based in London, but available on a fully/primarily remote basis
A growing and international financial services business with substantial inward investment is looking to add talent to their recently created tax function.
Reporting to an experienced Head of Tax, the successful candidate will take on a variety of responsibilities. The position has a compliance emphasis, though includes broader elements of both project involvement and advisory.
Given this is a small, growing team within a recently created tax function, there is excellent flexibility and autonomy as to how responsibilities are divided between tax team members. However, specific areas of responsibility are likely to include:
- Delivering monthly corporation tax and deferred tax calculations by entity
- Maintaining the consolidated deferred tax entries
- Monitoring the tax amounts actually carried in entity ledgers
- Preparing a monthly pack to support US tax accounting and reporting
- Submitting additional tax information at quarter ends
- Liaising with accounting colleagues to ensure that acquired entities were properly reflected in our tax accounting (typically at least one per month)
- Ensuring that corporation tax payments were correctly recorded and accounted for.
- Ensuring that HMRC has correct details for all group companies (accounting period end, whether active, etc)
- Managing the tax payment position for the Group Payment Arrangement and for all entities with liabilities outside that arrangement
- Maintaining the Group Payment Arrangement itself, in terms of calculating quarterly instalment payments, keeping the membership of the GPA updated, and ensuring the appropriate allocation of payments against liabilities
- Preparing tax computations in Alphatax and/or reviewing computations prepared by others
- Ensuring the timely submission of returns
- Managing the group relief position
- Working with the Head of Tax to build a proactive relationship with HMRC
Depending on the individual, there is also scope for them to become a primary contact for business MDs and finance teams, to assist with Due Diligence reviews, to handle employment tax queries, and/or get involved in VAT reporting and compliance. Together, this makes a wonderful opportunity for the qualified tax professional who is seeking a varied and flexible role in-house, with excellent autonomy in terms of both working arrangements developmental trajectory.
The successful candidate
- ACA/CTA qualified
- Likely an experienced UK corporate tax generalist
- Experience with both current and deferred taxes
- Wider tax experience (e.g. international/indirect) advantageous but not essential
- Financial services experience is advantageous but not essential
- The right to work in the UK permanently is required
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.