Job ID: JOB-13115
Our client is an award-winning and innovative contractor providing project solutions for the water and wastewater industry including design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance. With strategies in place to deliver our current backlog to an exceptional standard and further grow the business in Ireland, they are seeking to appoint a PROJECT MANAGER. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and driven individual to join a growing business.
- Ensuring the highest standards of safety and environmental protection are consistently maintained, and strive to out-perform standard practice at every opportunity.
- Ensuring that quality throughout project delivery is maintained and meets the business policy and exceeds client expectation.
- Leadership of the assigned project delivery team including Site Management and Supervision staff, the Procurement team, the Commissioning team and the Design team.
- Detailed understanding of the project scope and active management of change from this scope utilising the contractual mechanisms set out in our signed contracts.
- Coordination and managerial responsibility for the design, procurement, subcontract packages of work, DfMA/OSB, commissioning and handover process.
- Maintain a presence on site during the construction phase, ensuring that day to day operations are proceeding in alignment with the programme and budget.
- Ensuring that the programme and budget are central to decision-making during the coordination and management of project deliverables.
- Active participation in Client meetings as the lead representative of the company.
- Ensure procurement is progressed in line with the project programme/schedule.
- Ensure supply chain value is achieved through a competitive tendering process and continuous challenge.
- Maintain an oversight on all technical aspects of the project, and ensure the project team have a clear and consistent understanding of the technical deliverables.
- Continuous liaison with and coordination of project support staff including SHEQ, Planning, Commercial
- Report to the Contracts Manager both on an informal ad-hoc basis and on a formal basis focusing on agreed KPI’s and key deliverables.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key experience necessary to fulfill the requirements of the role:
- At least 3 years in a Project Manager role in the Water Industry, preferably with a Tier 1 contractor.
- A mechanical or electrical based academic qualification, preferably degree level. The following are the key personal attributes and values we are looking for;
- Driven individual.
- Proactive / can-do attitude.
- An organiser who can coordinate on multiple fronts.
- Structured thinker.
- Facilitator of innovative thought and ideas.
What we offer:
- Monday to Friday 08.30 am to 17.00pm 39-hour working week, finishing early on Fridays 08.30 am to 16.00pm.
- 21 days annual leave plus 10 bank holidays.
- Annual salary reviews.
- Healthcare and pension 3% after 2 years of service Higher on Senior roles, healthcare could possibly be added on earlier (depending on the seniority of the role).
- Depending on the role, location, etc we may include the use of a company van and fuel card.
- Each employee gets a company laptop and phone.
- Access to EAP – 24/7 365 days confidential employee counseling service, free to avail for employees and their families.
- Annual Pay review every January.
- Christmas and summer social events.
For further information on this role in Cork please contact Cliona Lawton on [email protected] or 086-8168298
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.