Legal Entity Controller – Contract
Title: Legal Entity Controller
A word renowned investment bank are looking for a Legal Entity Controller to join their existing team in London on an initial contract basis. As a Legal Entity Controller (LEC) within the Financial Reporting team you will be responsible for a number of different legal entities. This will involve complete ownership of the entity from journal posting through to the preparation of the annual financial statements.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly management accounts, and quarterly reporting to the US, under US GAAP.
- Preparation, review and analysis of reporting to the Federal Reserve Board.
- Preparation and review of financial statements under UK GAAP including liaison with auditors.
- Preparation of board reports.
- Preparation and explanation of monthly P&L estimates to the trading Desk and coordination with Product Control.
- Coordination with the US and UK tax teams on local and foreign tax issues, VAT returns and submission of annual tax returns.
- Understanding the business and keeping up-to-speed with business developments and being able to communicate this effectively to team members.
- Proactively seeking to identify improvements to manual processes and management reporting information leading to higher value added work.
- Involvement in a broad range of department–wide projects and initiatives as well as cross-departmental initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will be a Qualified Chartered Accountant, holding an ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification.
- Will be newly qualified to 2 years PQE experience, with ambition to grow their career.
- Will have Accounting knowledge gained from either a previous audit or accounting role
- Will have experience of preparation of audited financial statements under UK GAAP or IFRS an advantage
- Will have Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Will have Strong communication skills given third party reporting vendor interactions
- Will be a Highly-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Will have Proficient PC Skills (Word, Excel)
- Will have Caseware experience (advantage).
- Will be proficient in speaking French or German (advantage).
For more information on this role or to discuss other opportunities in financial services please contact Jacob Merrick ([email protected]).
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.