Maintenance Lead Technician
Matthews, North Carolina
Maintenance Lead Technician Matthews, North Carolina
Job Ref: 35594
Job Description: Maintenance Lead Technician
Maintenance Lead Technician 3 (Night Shift)
Supervise employees and oversee all operations in the maintenance department on a shift.
• Follow and support all Company Safety, and GMP policies
• Follow and support all Company ISO Standards, QMS & 5S policies
• Maintains the highest quality of services rendered and Gung Ho Spirit
• Assists with employee performance reviews and corrective actions
• Maintains good housekeeping in the shop and on the plant floor
• Trains new employees and performs weekly evaluations
• Provides technical direction for day-to-day activities
• Works with production and maintenance to improve systems and equipment
• Maintains a working knowledge of all plant utilities systems
• Assume other duties deemed necessary
Directly supervises shift maintenance personnel. Maintenance Lead will carry out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCTION AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Associates degree in electrical/mechanical.
Experience: In addition to the educational requirements incumbents must have 5 years of experience in an industrial maintenance field
Minimum education and years of experience should not be used exclusive of other leveling factors described below.
Other Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of and skill in electrical systems including PLC’s
2. Knowledge of and skill in domestic water systems including chillers
3. Knowledge of and skill in fire protection
4. Knowledge of and skill in pneumatic and hydraulic systems
5. Knowledge of and skill in motors and drives
6. Knowledge of and skill in air exhaust and supply systems
7. Knowledge of and skill in resin handling systems
8. Ability to communicate serious or potential down time issues to managers
9. Ability to supervise and direct the daily activities of the Shift Techs
10. Ability to make practical decisions without appreciable direction or advance preparation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work around moving machinery or electricity requiring a high level of safety awareness. Employee is required to work with various hand tools and must be able to wear appropriate PPE. Employee may be required to lift up to 80 pounds unassisted while performing job duties; push or pull up to 100 pounds. Employee may reach, climb, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, bend or twist up to 66% of the work
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often subjected to changing priorities, time pressures and constraints, and a high level of job related stress. Work is performed in manufacturing operations where the noise level in the work environment is typically loud.
Employees are required to use hearing, eye and toe protection. Other PPE may be required when working around moving machinery.