Pension Transfer Specialist
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Pension Transfer Specialist to join a Finance Services Organisation based in Manchester – Hybrid working will be available. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established company at its growth stage and really grow and develop within the role.
The main purpose of the role is to check the suitability of pension transfer transactions conducted by the firm and to provide timely and appropriate reports to Senior Management on the conduct of pensions transfer business.
Daily duties will include;
· Liaise with colleagues to obtain the required information on the client’s past and present pensions arrangements to enable a full analysis of the clients’ pensions needs to be carried out.
· Assess the comparative merits of Safeguarded, fixed or guaranteed benefits provided by an occupational scheme or individual pension scheme, against an individual pension scheme (including a self-invested personal pension scheme) providing uncertain benefits.
· Use appropriate analytical systems and relevant data to assess such comparisons in a precise, measurable manner.
· Construct appropriate solutions to the principles of suitability and best advice, produce report(s) including statistical data which clearly supports the recommendations made.
· Support all advice by appropriate documentation as deemed necessary by the FCA and as documented in the firm’s procedures.
· Proactively develop and maintain external relationships with Introducers and other professional parties who refer business to the firm.
· Develop and maintain internal relationships to help maintain business flow and meet agreed targets
· Ensure all associated administration is completed in a timely and effective manner to meet the firm’s record keeping and file quality requirements.
· Take ownership of designated cases to closure or escalation, to achieve quantity/quality objectives in line with service standards
· Ensure that the firm’s high standards of client care are met by demonstrating competence in all stages of the pensions transfer process, operating at all times in a manner which befits an Approved Person and complying with the FCA Statements of Principles and the firm’s documented Performance Measures/Standards.
· Monitor expiry dates and prioritise work.
Candidates applying for this role should be diploma qualified preferably with AF7, AF3, G60 or equivalent and must have experience in advising on Pension Transfers and will either have CASS status or be able to attain CASS ASAP after joining.
This is a fantastic opportunity with long term career prospects; full training will be given in all aspects of the role.
If you think you have the skills required and would like to apply, please submit your CV or contact Jessica White at BRUIN Financial.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.